The Worship director is a jubilant lead worshiper who initiates, coordinates, and oversees the worship ministry. This includes but is not limited to, our weekly worship, implementation of the mission, vision, and values of FRC, crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the lead pastor and worship planning team, and working with the worship technician in the training and nurturing of worship team members and projection/sound technicians while also working with various groups throughout the church to use music and the arts for worship and presentation.
To ensure that each and every worship service creates an inviting and worshipful atmosphere for believers, those returning to faith, and those new to faith, and is led in such a way that all ages have an opportunity for an authentic encounter with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. FRC leadership desire that each participant leaves the worship service challenged to live for Jesus. We need a more energized, experiential worship service to accomplish our goals to grow spiritually and numerically and to reach millennials.
- Creative communication
- Ability to connect to, communicate with, and solicit from people
- Likable, joyful, down to earth
- Confident, yet humble
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians, and a sense of calling to serve in this kind of ministry role. We long for a worship director to energize our worship and make it to flow beautifully using the best of old and new, skits, creative elements, multiple worship participants for prayer and other elements, and preparing smooth worship transitions.
- A proficiency in both singing and playing drums, guitar, piano, and/or other musical instrument with the ability to lead a congregation while playing. This includes an understanding of, and love for, both traditional and contemporary music and worship styles.
- Have the verbal and musical ability to segue between songs, weaving them together and providing musical interludes at appropriate times for worship, so that the flow of the service is uninterrupted.
- Can lead in soliciting new musicians and vocalists. We want to expand our participants.
- Possess the musical capability and leadership skills to teach and train worship team volunteers.
- Is supportive of and loyal to staff members and the church body.
- Exhibits a spirit of cooperation and teamwork and is teachable.
- Become a member of FRC and participates in church activities on a consistent basis.
- Willing to sign employee beliefs and conduct covenant
- Lead and work with the worship planning team and lead pastor to plan, create, organize, and implement the weekly worship services.
- Oversee and coordinate all musical and creative elements of the worship service.
- Organize and lead weekly rehearsals. This includes a rehearsal during the week, and a warm-up/review prior to the Sunday service, in addition to any other rehearsals necessary.
- Integrate the children and young adult ministries into worship as appropriate (i.e – kids choir at Christmas, youth praise team, etc. . . .) .
- Recruit and select worship team volunteers. Oversee and coordinate the volunteer schedules on a weekly basis. Volunteers should be utilized at various times for singing, skits, prayer, readings, and any other aspect of the service.
- Work in conjunction with the audio and projection screen volunteers to provide a consistent, quality sound mix and to organize visual aspects of the service and create any visual presentation necessary.
- Work with the decoration team to provide seasonally adjusted, fitting banners and décor.
- Look to empower volunteers with significant responsibilities as necessary and bring out the best in all team members.
- Stay up to date with U.S. trends in worship music and various worship styles, explore new ideas for corporate worship, and be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
- Volunteer in other aspects of the life of the church as you feel called. This includes leading a small group.
- Any other additional duties as agreed upon by the lead pastor, worship planning team, and elders.
Time, Compensation, Other Information
- This position will be part-time paid position, with compensation to be commensurate with experience. The competitive salary will be negotiable per experience and skills.
- The Worship Coordinator will report directly to the lead pastor with additional accountability to the personnel team and elders. A formal review and compensation adjustment will occur annually.
- The worship director will lead worship 50 Sundays per year, plus special services such as Thanksgiving, Christmas candlelight, Maundy Thursday/Good Friday, etc. . . .
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year.
To apply, or for more info, please send a resume and your contact info by email.
Other jobs you may like
Worship and Youth Pastor
- Grandview Baptist Church in Davenpo...
- Closes: 31 Jul
Worship Leader Resident
- Gracepointe Church Northwood
- Closes: 14 Jul
- First Christian Church, Fairfield
- Closes: 31 Jul
- LifePoint Church of Elizabethtown
- Closes: 31 Jul
Director of Worship
- River City Church
- Saint Charles
- Closes: 31 Aug