Goals and Expectations
As Huntersville Presbyterian Church looks to the future, we are seeking an additional member for our team who will provide leadership and vision for our Family Ministry.
Our goal is to create, sustain, and grow environments and systems where kids and students encounter and know Jesus as their Savior, feel loved by God, accepted, and valued in a deep and authentic way. That happens through partnerships with parents and empowering volunteers.
Our foundation for life and ministry is our relationship with Jesus and the belief that we are called to learn His way to live and love one another.
Our Minister to Families will:
• Provide vision, leadership, and oversight for HPC’s ministry to kids, students, parents, and families (birth – 12th grade).
• Create developmentally appropriate strategies and resources for discipleship for each phase from birth – 12th grade.
• Establish scope and sequence with specific learning objectives, curriculums, and benchmarks for each phase from birth – 12th grade.
• Create environments for infants, kids, and students that are welcoming, engaging, and safe.
• Establish best practices to ensure the safety and protection of children.
• Recruit, train, resource, and celebrate volunteers and leaders for kid and student ministries.
• Develop a strategy and resources to equip and partner with parents for discipleship at home (i.e., Sunday morning classes, parenting events, parent communication).
• Oversee kids’ special events (i.e., VBS, Jingle Jam, Summer Camp).
• Oversee students’ special events (i.e., Summer Camp, mission projects).
• Partner with the HPC Preschool as an extension of our Family Ministry.
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of educational pedagogy and child development. A ministry degree is not required, but a college degree is desired.
Experience in recruiting, equipping, and leading volunteers is important, but doesn’t need to be extensive. The ideal candidate will have been part of successful Family Ministry at a thriving church either as a volunteer or on staff.
• A mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
• A passion to partner with parents as together we lead kids and students toward professing their faith in Jesus Christ and growing as disciples.
• The ability to encourage, equip, and resource both parents and volunteers.
• A willingness to collaborate with staff and volunteers to achieve ministry goals.
• A passion to build relationships with families and volunteers in order to inspire growing relationships with each other and with Jesus.
• A servant-leader and equipper who leads by example.
• An entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
• Creativity (or the ability to find creative solutions).
• A good sense of humor (we take what we do seriously but not ourselves).
Salary and benefits will be determined based on education and experience.
Other jobs you may like
Children & Family Life Pastor
- First Baptist Church Huntsville
- Closes: 31 Jul
Family Ministries Pastor
- First Reformed Church
- Oak Harbor
- Closes: 31 Jul
Assistant Pastor of Youth and Family Ministry
- Trinity Grace Church in Rogers
- Closes: 31 May
- Legacy Christian Church
- Closes: 30 Jun