Description of Responsibilities The Director of Children and Family Ministries shall report directly to the Pastor. The responsibilities of this position include the following, as well as the performance of all other duties as requested by the Pastor:
1. Lead, plan, facilitate, coordinate, and supervise all church programs for children ages preschool (age three) through fifth grade. Programs for these age groups include mission organizations, Wednesday evenings, Bible Drill, and all other weekday programs.
2. Coordinate with Church Staff all church programs for families including activities, community ministry projects, spiritual enrichment, & special events. This position also serves as the liaison between the children’s department and all other church departments.
3. Lead the Children and Family Ministries departments in cooperation with the total church program. This includes:
a. preparing an annual budget for all children’s ministries and provide fiscal management of those monies
b. facilitating and maintaining communication between church staff/leadership and department volunteers
c. keeping the church staff and adult leadership updated on the need for childcare when the church calendar activities are planned for other age groups
d. regularly updating the adults of the church with the work of organizations, programs, and departments under his/her supervision
e. establishing strategic relationships with local advertising outlets, including social media, to provide continuous awareness of the church in the community
f. work with church staff in calendar planning, maintaining the master calendar, and facility scheduling
4. Serve as the primary resource person for volunteers involved with preschool through fifth grades. This includes:
a. keeping necessary paperwork (necessary legal documents, background checks, etc.) updated and current on all children’s department volunteers
b. maintaining a constant line of communication with volunteers
c. encouraging, organizing, and supplying training materials when needed (i.e., teaching curriculum, PowerPoints, etc.)
d. integrating music for lessons and activities (should have a working knowledge of PA systems)
e. planning for snacks and other supplies as needed
f. working with appropriate personnel and committees to ensure that rooms, equipment, and supplies are kept in good working order and maintained/replaced
g. working with the Sunday School Committee to enlist and train new volunteers
5. Seek to improve the quality of work in the various children’s programs under his/her guidance by:
a. providing volunteers study courses
b. teachers’ and children’s program coordinators’ meetings as needed
c. planning meetings as needed
d. staying current on issues and trends in children’s ministry (FBC Milan is willing to support various professional and spiritual endeavors)
e. regularly attending and participating in church, associational, and state meetings/conventions
6. Be available for necessary conferences with volunteers and parents, both personal conferences and group conferences, in such areas as personal salvation, interpersonal relationships, individual needs, behavioral adjustments, etc.
7. Coordinate the planning, promotion, and implementation of recreation programs for preschoolers and children (VBS, Kidz Kamp, KAOSS on the Road, Upward sports, etc.). 8. Serve as staff liaison for the Nursery Ministry Team, overseeing all aspects of the Nursery Ministry. How to Apply Candidates interested in this position should email the following materials to the Search Committe: Cover Letter, Resume, Testimony, List of 3 or more Professional References (if not with resume). We, as a church and as a Children’s Minister search committee, are extremely excited about what God is going to do in and through His church. We look forward to reviewing your materials!