This position primarily emphasizes High School ministry at RHCC while providing spiritual leadership, vision, and direction for the rest of the Student Ministries. There are 5 paid staff in Student Ministries (4 full-time, 1 part-time). This includes one full-time High School Associate and one part-time High School Assistant to assist you. Currently, there are about 50 High School students, 14 small group leaders, and 6 parent volunteer teams (Prayer, Snack, Mentor, Carpool, Youth Events, Hospitality).
The ideal candidate must be committed to engaging students with the saving Gospel of Jesus Christ and equipping students with a Biblical worldview. He provides innovative, strategic, collaborative, and team-oriented leadership to the High School ministry and implements the purpose, values, and objectives of Rolling Hills Covenant Church in the area of High School Ministry.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the Word of God using expository preaching methods and sermon-based small group questions.
- Oversee the recruitment, equipment, and encouragement of paid staff, volunteer staff members, and students toward spiritual and developmental maturity.
- Give leadership to all Student Ministries, providing innovative, strategic, collaborative, team-oriented leadership while keeping church vision and values clear and central. Greater areas of emphasis include:
- Wednesday Night Youth Group
- Evangelism/Outreach Events
- Mission Trips/Service Projects
- Camping Ministry
- Pastoral Care/Counseling to Families and Students
- Collaborate with parents in their ministry of bringing up their teenagers “in the discipline and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4).
- Oversee all aspects of administrative programming and equipping.
- Engage in team dialog with Contemporary worship service leadership, helping students assimilate into the life of RHCC. Participate as a team member of Student Ministries, integrating all aspects to maintain unity in the discipleship of youth and young adults.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Spiritually mature as evidenced by an observable walk with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to the Bible as God’s Word and the authority for Christian living above the values of tradition and culture.
- Commitment to the intentional cultivation of the inner life through worship, study of the Word, and prayer.
- Dedicated to ministering to people in a warm manner that leads to a closer understanding of the sufficiency of Jesus Christ.
- Exhibits the character qualities of a pastor and elder as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Possesses the gift of pastor-teacher (Ephesians 5:1-4).
- Attends classes and seminars as necessary to improve knowledge and skills.
How To Apply
For questions and to submit your application, email the following information
- Submit your resume with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in applying for this position.
- Submit video links of yourself teaching.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least (3) ministry references and, if possible, at least (1) who can attest to your character and experience (academic if possible)
- Submit a quality photograph of yourself (optional).