Role: College Pastor
Department: NextGen Team
Classification: Full-Time Salaried
Position Summary: The College Pastor will work as a part of the NextGen Team to minister to college students, volunteers, and families in fulfilling the goal of making Christ-centered disciples of our neighbors and nations.
- College Ministry Within the Church – Primary teacher to college students on Sunday and Wednesday nights, lead adult volunteers, oversee events (retreats, mission trips, fellowship gatherings), personally disciple college students and lead them to disciple others.
- Campus Engagement – Develop strategies and/or programs to personally engage on local college campuses and lead our students to do the same. Engage with other local college ministries.
- Pastoral Ministry – Provide pastoral care and counsel for college students and their families, service response times, baptism, on-call needs (hospital, bereavement, etc.), connection calls, etc.
- Administration – Oversee as needed facilities use, social media, ministry budget, yearly calendar, and attend staff meetings
- Personal – Maintain a biblical marriage, healthy relationships within the NextGen Ministry team, and a love for reaching our neighbors and the nations.
Who We Are Looking For:
We believe God is leading us to a man with a:
· Healthy marriage
· Specific calling to college ministry
· Personal experience in college ministry as a leader OR as a participant
· Motivated leader
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Specific strategy for leading campus engagement