Full Time or Transitional pastor to an average of 35-45 active members and attenders, 90 miles northeast of Atlanta, GA. Congregation is a member of ECO denomination (a Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians).
1. Stable, mature, and authentic Christian whose life is modeled after Jesus as evidenced by fruits of the Spirit.
2. Effective communicator and Biblically-based teacher of the Word of God.
3. Has a shepherding heart to include but not limited to the following:
a. Attends church events
b. Listens well
c. Lives in our community
d. Is friendly and has a servant attitude
e. Has high empathetic capacity
f. Always considers others’ points of view
4. Rooted in prayer and obedient to scripture.
5. Encourages children and youth ministries as well as local and global missions.
6. Shares our vision as a leader in our church and community of believers.
1. Provide engaging, biblically grounded sermons that inspire, challenge and encourage.
2. Use spiritual gifts in the areas of apostleship, prophecy, evangelism, shepherding, and teaching (as stated in the ECO Constitution, 2.04).
3. Nurture the spiritual health and maturity of the body of Christ in order to equip us to partner with God in His redemptive work (Also from the Constitution, 2.04).
4. Adhere to the polity of the ECO Constitution as it relates to the session’s responsibilities.
5. Shepherd the congregation through visitation, accessibility, posted office hours, counseling, and attending church functions.
6. Work collegially and collaboratively with the staff and congregation.
7. Communicate upcoming plans to staff in a timely manner, seeking consensus.
1. A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and ordinarily a master’s degree from an accredited theological seminary in biblical or theological studies (as stated in the ECO Constitution, 2.04).
2. Already ordained in, or able to be ordained in, the ECO denomination.
Experience: Prefer to have some experience as associate or lead pastor, but not required.
Salary range: 45-55k with a total package including benefits to be + or – 75k.
Send a cover letter, a resume, at least three recorded sermons via web links or attached files, and three or more references by email.