We are seeking a full-time pastor who has been ordained, or is qualified to be ordained, in the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC). This person must affirm, without exception, the Essentials of the Faith of the EPC, the Westminster Confession, and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms. Though not required, three or more years of ministry experience is preferred.
• Have a working knowledge and understanding of the Book of Order of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church. Perform duties in accordance with EPC guidelines and the mission and vision of Graceminster Presbyterian Church.
• Lead weekly worship services and special services (Christmas Eve, Maundy Thursday, etc.) preaching and teaching the Bible as the authoritative Word of God.
• Serve as the Moderator of Session and all congregational meetings.
• Must follow the decisions made by the Session for the good of the church.
• Be responsible for conducting the sacraments of Holy Communion at least monthly and Baptism. As requested, perform weddings, funerals and teach new member classes and confirmations.
• Provide pastoral care to the congregation (members and non-members) including, but not limited to hospital, extended-care facility, home visits, and counseling as needed.
• Must have the desire and determination to grow the church by bringing in new people and encouraging them to stay, as well as, supporting current members to remain in the church.
• Lead or be involved in the Adult Sunday School Class, Bible Studies, etc.
• Attend presbytery and General Assembly to build relationships with fellow pastors and to learn best practices.
To apply, please submit your EPC Personal Information Form (PIF) and resume, and any links to sermon recordings to our Pastor Search Chairman, Mr. Edward Langham by email. Feel free to include any questions you may have regarding our church or the position.