Prince of Peace is seeking a Director of Youth & Family Ministries (DYFM) to enhance its ministry to families with youth (ages 13 through college). Our hope is to see:
1. Parents equipped to disciple their children.
2. Youth coming to faith in Jesus.
3. Youth growing in their faith through worship, community, and mission projects.
4. Participation in denomination sponsored camps, events, retreats, etc.
5. Prince of Peace hosting various discipleship events such as retreats, conferences, mission projects.
6. Raising up youth to be leaders at Prince of Peace and beyond.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone called to vocational ministry (either lay or ordained) to the next generation. Additional qualifications include:
1. Clear testimony concerning their faith in Jesus.
2. Seminary or Bible College Education
3. 3 or more years of relevant experience serving in youth ministry.
4. A motivated self-starter
5. Excellent leadership and relationship skills.
6. Appreciation for, and a desire to contextualize the Anglican tradition for the next generation.
1. Working closely with the Senior Pastor, the DYFM will tailor the church mission statement for application to the next generation.
a. Thoughtfully consider the implications of giving the peace of Jesus to teenagers today, and design ministry accordingly.
b. Develop a core curriculum and strategy for implementation along the church mission sub-statements (Home, Church, Marketplace, City).
2. Build and maintain relationships with the youth that are part of the church and their friends.
3. Build and maintain quality relationships with parents.
a. Clearly share the mission of the youth ministry with parents so they understand the purpose of the youth ministry, and how they can participate in that mission in the home.
b. Create avenues of consistent contact with parents.
4. Recruit and train volunteers to serve as leaders in the youth ministry.
a. Meet regularly with your volunteers.
b. Provide regular training functions for your team.
5. Design discipleship programs appropriate for the families at Prince of Peace including but not limited to:
a. Community Groups for youth.
b. Special worship offerings.
c. Camps and/or weekend retreats.
d. Various outreach/mission projects.
6. Network with other youth workers in the diocese and participate in denomination sponsored youth events.
a. Initiate contact with other youth workers for networking and prayer.
b. Program or attend diocesan/deanery events with other youth ministries annually.
7. Set and oversee the youth ministry budget.
a. Working with the finance committee and the Senior Pastor, set a budget that reflects the mission of the church.
b. Be prudent with finances.
c. Creatively design fundraisers to offset budget needs.
8. Involve teenagers in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s mission, worship services, and activities.
9. Be present at all worship services to support the youth and families that are present and/or assist with any volunteer needs.
10. Attend staff meetings and meet regularly with the Senior Pastor.
11. Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time exempt position that includes health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, retirement contribution, and continuing education compensation. Salary will be established taking into consideration the education and experience of the candidate