The Kids Pastor serves as the primary kids leader for the Central Campus that will prove pastoral leadership to the campus and assure the systems, practices and policies of the church responsibly and effectively support its ministry activities. He/she will oversee life and direction of the kids ministry (newborn – 5th grade) under the direction of the Lead and Associate pastor. The Kids Pastor provides leadership, vision and direction that creates a life-giving atmosphere of vibrant and enticing discipleship and evangelism for children, parents and the Kid City team of Glad Tidings Church. He/she gives direct oversight to the children’s programming and will also be the main teaching pastor for the kids ministry. This requires firm grasp and understanding of the beliefs, values and strategy of Glad Tidings and the ability to align staff and key leadership with its mission, vision and values. Areas of focus include group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach. Serve as an engaging spiritual leader and role model with a strong biblical background. The Kids Pastor must be a visionary leader that develops others, a servant leader, shepherd and casts the vision God has given to the Glad Tidings Church Network. He/she will participate in weekly staff meetings/training, as well as creative planning meetings.
We believe in declaring hope and developing people, so that they can reach their God given potential. We are a spirit- filled church that exists to help people experience life-change through Jesus. Our weekly services consist of Sunday morning service, Wednesday evening service, and small groups.
- Full Time Kids Ministry Experience
- License or Credentials with the Assemblies of God preferred but not required
- A driving passion for leading children and families into a fully devoted relationship with Jesus.
- An ability to stay organized and achieve ministry goals
- Prayerful in disposition and teachable spirit
- A positive outgoing personality
- A desire to further relationship with fellow team members, kids, parents, and the community
- Preach/Teach Weekly in the kids service
- Pastor Heart to serve others: nothing below you or above you
- Exemplify a life of honoring Jesus
- Lead your life and home spiritually
- Lead and grow the Kids Ministry
- Oversee, develop, empower, train, and lead volunteers in Kid City (Sunday and Wednesday)
- Manifest a generous spirit and enthusiastic attitude
- Possess an obvious commitment to personal growth and spiritual discipline
- Show a history of successful team building and development of leaders
- Able to grasp technology and new innovations and integrate them
- Develop leaders and build godly relationships
- If married, a spouse is encouraged to participate in the ministry of the church.
- Great communication: ex: Report weekly via personal meetings, planning center, jotform, etc.
- Train, develop, and disciple leaders and volunteers
- Develop teams, develop people.
- Maintain positive attitude with team members and volunteers
- A life of prayer is a must
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of Kids City (newborns – 5th Grade). This includes weekly kids services, small groups, and periodic special events
- Maintain strong communication and relationship with Direct Report and Senior Pastor to ensure the vision of the Senior Pastor is implemented in all aspects of family ministry.
Oversee and organize children’s ministry for:
- Early Childhood
Oversee and develop the Sunday and Mid-Week experience for all children:
- Includes “Sunday School” hour
- Kid’s Church experience
- Wednesday night experience
- Communicate the Gospel through various means to children at various ages
- Recruit, develop and train high quality volunteers to execute Sunday and Wednesday services
- Plan special events for Kids and Parents
- Have great and consistent communication with key leaders and parents through different methods of communication
- Develop systems to funnel students from Kid City to Youth
- Create an engaging weekly service through worship, prayer, message, games, etc.
- Build a team of leaders that further develop and disciple kids
- Develop Small Group strategies that disciple kids and families
- Grow kids attendance through events and discipleship
- Actively follow up with kids and their families
- Relationally serve kids pastoral care needs
- Maintain relationship with children and parents to equip them to be authentic Christ followers
- Recruit children to attend kids camp, conferences or retreats
- Track data for measurable growth objectives
- Develop and implement safeguards for working with children, and train the youth leaders
- Manage Administrative responsibilities
- Attend Weekly Staff Meetings
- Serve the Glad Tidings Church Network in other essential duties when called upon
Other Desired Skills:
- Planning Center
- Social media
- Creative thinker
- Hard working
- Team Builder
- Character- Current, vibrant, active relationship with Jesus; Daily time in the Word and Prayer
- Recruiter of Leaders
- Developer of Leaders
- Networker- in GT, outside of GT and locally in Austin; Build relationships with local church family, neighbors, community, etc.
- Team Builder- Build, grow, develop a team on the Central Campus; Build relationships and develop other leaders.
- Connected and Involved with the church- Build relationships with GT Central attendees; purposefully connect and get to know local campus, broadening and deepening relationship circle;
- Unifier- unite and not divide; God’s vision is focus
- Family- model strong family; first and priority after God.
- Team Player- connect with local staff and move toward vision
To Apply, Please Do The Following and send by email.
- Submit a resume with references
- Submit a link to at least 2 preaching/teaching videos
- Submit any personality (DISC) or leadership profile-type assessments
- Submit links to social media accounts (made public)
- Submit a video introduction from you and your spouse *not necessary, but appreciated*
Other jobs you may like
- Eagle’s Landing FBC
- Closes: 31 Oct
Children’s Ministry Coordinator
- Madison Baptist Church
- Closes: 30 Sep
Children’s and Youth Ministries Coordinator
- Covenant Presbyterian Church in Mad...
- Closes: 30 Sep
Director of Children’s Ministry
- St. Alban’s Episcopal Church
- Closes: 30 Sep
Director of Children and Student Ministry
- Calvary Summitview Church
- Closes: 30 Sep