Bethlehem Baptist Church in East Dublin, Georgia is looking for a part time bi-vocational youth minister.
It is the mission of the Youth Department and the Youth Committee of Bethlehem Baptist Church in East Dublin to:
· Minister to the Youth and their families in the East Dublin area.
· To teach the youth to understand the fullness of the Gospel of Christ.
· To disciple youth to fulfill the greatest commandment by Loving God and Loving Others. Luke 10:25-28
· To fulfill the Great Commission and disciple others to do the same. Matthey 28:18-20
Qualifications for Youth Minister:
· Submit to and pass a government issued background check.
· Be a professing Christian with the ability to fully describe your faith in Christ.
· Be able to disciple students in accordance with sound Biblical doctrine and The Baptist Faith in Message.
· Have a schedule that is flexible to support activities outside of normal church meeting times for youth events.
· Be willing and able to engage the families of youth
· Be willing to come under the authority of the Senior Pastor
· Effectively disciple the youth in sound Biblical doctrine with a goal of teaching them to study the bible with the assistance of the youth leadership committee through means such as
o Discipling the youth on Wednesday nights
o Discipling the youth on Sunday mornings in Sunday School
o Encouraging and organizing discipleship groups
· Effectively lead youth outreach to the community with the assistance of the youth leadership committee through means such as
o Organizing youth activities that would be open to all youth in the community
o Attending school and community functions
o Reaching out to local school leadership or visiting youth at the schools
o Partnering with FCA groups in the area
o Partner with other youth groups
· Effectively connect with the core youth group with the assistance of the youth leadership committee through means such as
o Organize youth activities to strengthen relationships and accountability among active youth.
o Periodically plan meals or other gatherings for the youth
o Engage with new youth attending the church to make them feel welcome
· Effectively teach the youth to serve others with the assistance of the youth leadership committee through means such as
o Organize summer mission trips or camps
o Organize ministry opportunities within the community.
· Effectively incorporate the youth into the church with the assistance of the youth leadership committee through means such as.
o Communicate with the youth leadership committee the needs of the youth and how they can be met
o Attend appropriate church meetings
o Develop ministries that are cross generational