To proclaim the gospel and lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus through worship ministries.
At Cascade Fellowship, the staff team, council, and membership are all committed to “Love God, love people, and make disciples wherever we go.” That mission is interwoven into every aspect of our ministry, and we see this role as a valuable part in achieving the mission and vision that God has set before us. The Worship Director provides leadership for worship ministries at Cascade
Fellowship, working closely with the Lead Pastor to plan and coordinate all aspects of worship gatherings, including musicians, vocalists, production volunteers, and other groups or elements involved in leading the congregation in memorable, meaningful, and transformative worship gatherings.
Reporting & Teamwork
● The Worship Director reports directly to the Lead Pastor, with oversight provided by the Consistory.
● Team Building
○ Recruit, train, retain, disciple, invest in, and empower a team of volunteers who are dedicated to serving the Lord by serving other people and by supporting the ministry in a variety of ways (e.g., singing, playing instruments, etc.).
○ Discern which volunteers may become future leaders and enter into a mentoring relationship with them, guiding them toward greater levels of ownership.
○ Oversee the recruitment, development, and training of all volunteers in the Worship and Production Ministries, with the goal of building a sense of ownership and investment.
○ Create an exciting and hospitable environment for all volunteers.
○ Conduct group training sessions regularly in order to help volunteers increase their skill and confidence in all positions.
○ Build community through regular team meetings, dinners, and other functions.
○ Touch base with volunteers individually in order to develop and maintain a good working relationship.
○ Schedule volunteers at least two months in advance, and provide all materials needed for them to feel confident and comfortable as they practice and prepare.
○ Communicate expectations clearly, and hold people accountable, while also inviting and receiving feedback well.
○ Create systems to thank and appreciate volunteers, including calls, notes, and gatherings.
● Mid-Week Rehearsals
○ Attend all mid-week rehearsals, providing visionary leadership that effectively inspires volunteers with a vision of how they are contributing to the “big picture” in important ways.
○ Regularly and lovingly share expectations with the team, holding all volunteers to those expectations with grace and compassion by offering praise as well as concrete, constructive ideas for improvement through use of tools such as a virtual soundcheck or a video of rehearsal posted online for the team.
● Sunday Worship Gatherings
○ Work closely with the Lead Pastor and others, as appropriate, to plan themed worship gatherings that are relevant, engaging, memorable, theologically accurate, and in alignment with the church’s mission and vision.
○ Provide input regarding worship technology for Sunday morning worship, receiving direction from the Lead Pastor and offering leadership to the Production Lead.
○ Ensure that all content required for Sunday is ready in a timely manner and created to the highest level of quality.
○ Oversee all aspects of the gathering, ensuring an excellent and distraction-free environment for worshippers.
● Sunday Production
○ Anticipate the needs of the worship and production volunteers, serving them by preparing for them well a minimum of 15-30 minutes before they arrive.
○ Ensure that all content required for Sunday is produced in a timely manner and with excellence.
○ Oversee the setup and operation of sound, lighting, and video equipment, including ProPresenter presentations, lighting, designs, weekly virtual soundchecks, etc.
○ Implement new stage designs and lighting plots as needed.
● Other Worship and Musical Needs
○ Prepare worship and musical components as needed for other gatherings throughout the year (e.g., prayer events, Holy Week services, staff retreats, weddings, funerals, etc.)
○ Play and sing at these gatherings or recruit volunteer teams to do so.
● Other Responsibilities
○ Regularly assemble a team of people to assist with brainstorming and evaluation with the goal of improving all aspects of ministry.
○ Maintain appropriate records, files, and licenses related to worship services, music or other resources.
○ Provide day-to-day supervision of employees in the Worship Department.
○ Engage fully in the life of our church by participating in ministries designed to help disciples of Christ know, grow, serve, and share.
○ Regularly read books, listen to podcasts, and attend workshops to learn and grow in all areas of ministry.
○ Work to build a culture of excellence and authenticity in the Worship Ministry at Cascade Fellowship.
○ Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as scheduled.
○ Perform other duties, as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Skills & Qualifications
1. Possesses a personal belief in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and is committed to building up and unifying the body of Christ.
2. Affirms and is aligned with Cascade Fellowship’s stated mission, goals, and beliefs.
3. Is a member of the church or is in the process of becoming one.
4. Conducts himself or herself as a servant leader by putting others first and prioritizing the development and advancement of his or her team.
5. Is an empathic leader who loves nurturing, shepherding, and mentoring others, empowering them to fulfill God’s calling in their lives (Eph. 3:11-13).
6. Leads in an organized and reliable way by organizing, delegating, supervising, evaluating the effectiveness of ministry methods, adapting as needed, and refusing to accept results that are “good enough.”
7. Is self-directed, good at goal setting, and willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
8. Has a flexible, teachable, can-do attitude when presented with novel situations and challenges.
9. Brings a positive, encouraging attitude into the work environment that causes others to feel built up and well supported.
10. Creates vibrant and thriving teams of enthusiastic volunteers who become deeply connected to the church’s mission and vision.
11. Has a history of exhibiting the ability to handle potentially divisive issues with wisdom, discernment, and grace.
12. Has the ability to maintain and protect sensitive and confidential information.
13. Must be available to work on evenings and weekends; attendance at all weekly rehearsals and worship services, as well as other special events is expected unless vacation time is used in accordance with the Staff Handbook.
14. Has proficiency and 3-4 years of experience in preparing and leading worship services, other musicians, and singers of varying backgrounds and skill levels (preferred).
15. Demonstrates proficiency in sheet music, chord charts, singing, and playing one or more musical instruments.
16. Has a degree is a related field (preferred).
Compensation and Benefits
● This job is compensated according to the educational background, experience, and work expected of the employee.
● Wage adjustments are determined annually and consider the employee’s performance and the current market.
● Eligible benefits are outlined in the employee handbook
Other jobs you may like
Worship Arts Director
- Crestwood Presbyterian Church
- Closes: 30 Sep
First Baptist Church Centerville
- First Baptist Church Centerville
- Closes: 30 Sep
Worship Arts Assistant
- Trinity Presbyterian Church of Char...
- Closes: 30 Sep
- St. Timothy’s Episcopal Church in...
- Closes: 24 Sep
- Inglewood Christian Reformed Church
- Closes: 30 Sep