Salary/Range: $10-12K per year
Job Description: The Children and Student Ministry at Calvary Summitview exists to glorify God by supporting parents in their calling to shepherd their children and empowering Calvary’s members to make disciples of the children among us. The Director of children/student Ministry will serve as the primary overseer of the children’s ministry under the oversight of the elder team. The Director will work closely with the Children’s Ministry volunteers to ensure that he or she has everything needed for safe children’s classes during Sunday morning worship services. He will also serve as a teacher and shepherd of parents, children, and church members.
• Shape the direction of the children’s ministry to fulfill the Bible’s callings for the church.
• Teach children the gospel, Scripture, and the essential doctrines of the Bible as well as providing gospel-centered curriculum for classes.
• Equip parents to faithfully shepherd their children.
• Recruit, equip and empower members of Calvary Summitview to come alongside parents and disciple the children among us.
• Provide oversight and needed resources for the Children’s Ministry volunteer as he or she serves during Sunday morning worship services and at youth group.
• Administrate a calendar for children and youth.
• Ensure Child Protection Policy is established and followed.
• Oversee the children and youth ministry budget.
• Pray for parents, children, and the members of Calvary Summitview who minister to the children among us.
• Integrates Children and Youth ministry into the church’s whole life.
• Loves Jesus, treasures the gospel, and longs to see the gospel take root in the hearts of others
• Loves others and has a heart to care for God’s people
• Has a credible profession of faith in Jesus Christ, has been baptized by immersion, and is a
member in good standing at Calvary Monument (or is willing to become a member)
• Character is consistent with the spiritual qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-13
• Alignment with Calvary Summitview’s vision for family ministry
• Humble in heart and willing to work underneath the oversight of Calvary Summitview’s elders
• Knows God’s Word and is able to teach it clearly to children and adults
• Gifted in shepherding God’s people and providing direction to volunteers