FCC is seeking to hire a full-time youth minister that will work in cooperation with the leadership and the senior minister to encourage spiritual growth in our church family with a primary focus on children and youth. This individual would create activities and develop programs for both children and teens that will promote fun, fellowship, and spiritual development.
We are looking for a person who has a passion for young people, and who wants to pour into their lives by teaching them God’s word, supporting their everyday lives, and by connecting with them in relationships. We currently have around 10-15 preschool and younger aged children, around 20-30 kindergarten through fifth graders, and 10-15 junior/senior high students that attend the church.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Experience preferred, but not a requirement.
- Be committed to the scriptures and committed to teaching them accurately and correctly.
- Possess strong beliefs that align with the beliefs of Fairview Christian Church.
- Capable and willing to work with students elementary through high school.
- Able to recruit, oversee, and supervise volunteers to participate in teaching, events, service projects, etc.
- Capable and willing to fill in preaching from time to time.
- Plan and lead events such as VBS, CIY conferences, weeks at church camp, and other ministry and fellowship related events.
- Willingness to visit and take part in the lives of our students, both in times of need, and during their growth and development of everyday life.
Interested candidates please send a resume and cover letter or any questions that you may have by email.