[Background: MBC has a growing children’s ministry of ~30 kids. As we grow, this position plays a vital role in organizing and communicating with volunteers for the regular operations of our children’s ministry. The job can be done well in less than 10 hrs/week.]
Principal Function: The Children’s Ministry Coordinator is responsible for the organization and implementation of children’s ministry events and activities at Madison Baptist Church. The person in this part-time ministry role will provide leadership and oversight to children’s ministry volunteers when children are on campus at Madison Baptist Church. As a member of the Church Staff Team, the Children’s Ministry Coordinator will contribute to congregational life in other areas as needs arise in a limited capacity.
The Children’s Ministry Coordinator at Madison Baptist Church will be committed our overall mission of to reaching, teaching, and equipping children and families to be disciples of Jesus Christ. They will ensure that the vision for children’s ministry at MBC is carried out by coordinating, communicating with, and equipping volunteers and children’s committee members to invest in our children. They will lead other leaders to serve our children as we cultivate a culture of discipleship in our church by investing in parents, students, and children.
Supervisor: Director of NextGen Ministry Core Responsibilities:
- Work with Children’s Ministry Committee and Nursery Committee to provide a comprehensive ministry to children and their parents.
- Coordinate weekly worship and discipleship activities (Sunday morning and Wednesday night) to achieve stated ministry goals and objectives.
- The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will not be expected to personally lead/teach all children’s worship/learning gatherings.
- The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will serve as a point of contact for ministry parents and children’s ministry volunteers on Sunday and Wednesday.
- Participate in the team-led planning of VBS, supporting the Director of NextGen Ministry.
- Supervise children’s ministry volunteers and teachers.
- Coordinate with the Director of NextGen Ministry on curriculum decisions.
Contribute to the overall leadership of MBC by participating in occasional staff meetings as needed, appropriate committee functions, and worship services. Worship service attendance is mandatory with exceptions for vacation and previously excused reasons. No office time is required. Participate in Personnel Committee evaluation process annually. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ and clear understanding of the Christian faith is essential for this position.
- A commitment to serve the children and families of Madison Baptist Church.
- Some experience working with children/parents preferred.
- Well-organized and able to communicate well with parents desired.
- Comfortable with public communication preferred but not required.
- Background check required.