HillTop Baptist Church is seeking a Senior Pastor who loves the Lord Jesus Christ and His Church. We are a body of believers who desire to do His work in our community, country, and world. Affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention, our nearly 100 member congregation continues to seek opportunities that the Lord provides to “reach one more,” “save one more,” and “send one more” believer in Christ. The Senior Pastor is a key member and leader to this purpose. Our deacons, staff committees, teams, and congregation desire a leader to help direct and support HillTop in current and future endeavors and tasks as the Lord leads.
• Prayerfully seek the Lord’s direction for HillTop.
• Provide leadership in implementing the Lord’s plan for HillTop.
• Prepare and deliver sermons (at least 3 Sundays per month).
• Provide counseling and pastoral care.
• Visitation (hospital/home), planning/organizing ministry activities, meeting with leaders.
• Administration, including tasks related to the church office, finances, and facility.
• Community outreach, discipleship and spiritual formation, and relationship building.
• Communicate with teams, committees, staff, deacons, and the congregation to foster collaboration.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Formal education (degree) from a Southern Baptist Convention affiliated Seminary … Or …
• Other formal education (degree) from a Seminary and multiple years serving as pastor/staff in a Southern Baptist Convention affiliated church.
• Willing to consider other formal educational background and ministerial experience with proper documentation and references.
• Baptized, licensed, and ordained.
• Called to do God’s work in Southwest Wyoming.
• Demonstrated experience in preaching/teaching, pastoral care, counseling, community outreach, discipleship, evangelism, building relationships, and leadership.
• Loves Christ’s Church (Matthew 28:18 – 20)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Master’s degree OR Doctorate from a Southern Baptist Convention affiliated Seminary.
• 5 or more years of experience as a minister/pastor.
Search committee respectfully requests applicants provide a link for viewing recent delivered sermons. Please submit cover letter, resume, references & sermon links (printed copies if link to online sermons is not available) by email.