Position Overview: We are seeking an engaging and compassionate individual to fill the role of Pastor of Young Professionals in our thriving congregation. This multifaceted position combines leadership and pastoral responsibilities focused on nurturing and guiding young professionals within our community, providing comprehensive congregational care, and overseeing our intern program. The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills, a deep understanding of spiritual formation, and a passion for mentoring and empowering individuals in their faith journeys.
1. Pastor of Young Professionals:
– Develop and implement a comprehensive ministry plan for young professionals within the congregation.
– Provide spiritual guidance, mentoring, and pastoral care to young professionals, addressing their unique needs and challenges.
– Create opportunities for fellowship, worship, and discipleship tailored specifically to young professionals, fostering a sense of belonging and community.
– Collaborate with other church leaders and ministries to integrate young professionals into the broader congregational life.
– Engage in ongoing personal and professional development to stay current with the needs and trends within the young professionals’ community.
– Work alongside the college ministry leader to create smooth transitions from college to young professionals.
2. Congregational Care:
– Offer compassionate care and support to individuals and families facing various life challenges, such as illness, grief, marital struggles, and other personal crises.
– Conduct hospital visits, home visits, and provide pastoral counseling to congregation members in need.
– Develop and coordinate a system of pastoral care volunteers to assist in meeting the needs of the congregation.
– Facilitate support groups and educational workshops to promote emotional and spiritual well-being.
– Collaborate with other church leaders and ministries to ensure a holistic approach to congregational care.
– Create systems that allow our people to express their spiritual difficulties.
– Provide resources and spiritual counseling to those hurting.
– Will also be asked to preach on occasion in either service.
3. Intern Program Oversight:
Oversee the church’s intern program, providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to interns.
Recruit, train, and supervise interns, ensuring their roles align with the church’s mission and vision.
Develop a structured curriculum and provide resources for interns to grow in their personal and ministerial development.
Foster a positive and empowering environment for interns to explore their gifts and discern their vocational calling.
Coordinate regular evaluations and feedback sessions to support interns’ growth and effectiveness.
– Must be a follower of Jesus, called to serve the local church, and have a deep love for the local church.
– A strong daily commitment to Christ and the ability to integrate biblical principles into ministry practices.
– A Master of Divinity is strongly preferred.
– Previous experience in pastoral ministry, young adult ministry, or congregational care is highly desirable.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to engage effectively with young professionals, congregants, and interns.
– Demonstrated ability to provide spiritual guidance, counseling, and pastoral care to individuals and groups. – Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and prioritize tasks effectively.
– Collaborative mindset with the ability to work alongside other staff members and ministries within the church.
– Ongoing commitment to personal and professional growth, including continuing education and development.
If you are passionate about nurturing the spiritual growth of young professionals, providing compassionate care to a diverse congregation, and mentoring emerging leaders, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our dedicated team and be part of a vibrant community committed to transformational ministry.