University Reformed Church (PCA) is seeking candidates for a Church Planting Resident who will receive valuable experience and mentorship assisting with its daughter church plant, Fellowship Reformed Church (PCA), in Mount Pleasant, MI. Applicants should be in the process of obtaining an M.Div. from a rigorous seminary and be seeking ordination in the PCA. Ideal candidates will have an evident heart for Christ, for His Church, and for those who are lost and perishing. Ideal candidates will also be open to future involvement in church planting in the Great Lakes Presbytery.
1. The candidate will meet the biblical requirements for elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4, maintaining a lifestyle of Christian integrity in humble dependence upon God’s grace.
2. The candidate will be in the process of obtaining an M.Div. from a robust evangelical seminary.
3. The candidate will embrace the ordinary means of God’s grace (Scripture, sacrament, prayer) in their personal Christian life and their philosophy of ministry, working well under the vision of the Lead Pastor and the provisional session.
The successful candidate will be involved in many of the various tasks associated with the early and ongoing stages of planting a church. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Prayer for the church plant members and regular attenders
2. Gospel engagement (formal and informal), especially with local college campuses.
3. Sharing in preaching and teaching (at least 6 times each year)
4. Assisting in shepherding and home visitation
5. Hospitality and investment in discipleship meetings with other believers
6. Assist in worship and liturgy planning
7. Volunteer coordination & development of new ministries as the church plant grows
Rev. Devon Rossman
629 S. Franklin St, Mount Pleasant, MI 48858