To provide a balanced ministry of preaching, teaching, pastoral care, and organizational leadership that encourages people of the church and the broader community to enjoy the fullness of knowing, loving, and becoming like Jesus.
The Lead Pastor of Eastminster Presbyterian Church serves in a Godly partnership with Session to provide spiritual leadership and vision to the congregation, ensures the health and stability of the congregation through organizational direction and administrative oversight, and sees that the needs of the congregation are met through the various ministries of the church. The Lead Pastor
will have a heart for people, and the desire to engage with them in meaningful ways that encourage full participation in the life of the church and a deeper walk with the Lord.
The Lead Pastor of Eastminster Presbyterian Church shall be accountable to the Presbytery through the Session of the church.
• Preach, teach, celebrate and protect the Word of God.
• Lead the congregation in worship through Word-centered preaching, administering the sacraments, and determining the order of worship and music in all services.
• In partnership with Session:
o oversee the administration of the programs of the church by supervising all pastoral staff and ministry directors.
o nurture the faith and spiritual development of the congregation through fervent teaching of reformed theology and discipleship.
o discern and implement the purposes God has ordained for Eastminster Presbyterian Church, stewarding its mission and assets.
• Develop, nurture and mentor staff in their spiritual, administrative and professional growth.
• Promote the development of small group fellowships within the body and delegate the responsibility to an appropriate staff person.
• Encourage a culture of congregant engagement.
• Conduct and oversee or delegate the assimilation of new members into the life of the church.
• Provide limited pastoral counseling, referring most of it to appropriate staff members or outside counseling sources.
• Conduct weddings and funerals, sharing and delegating these responsibilities with other ministry staff.
• Inspire creativity among the staff to ensure that ministries are relevant, relational and effective.
• As the Head of Staff, oversee the selection and hiring of staff, filling major departmental or program positions as spelled out in the Employee Handbook.
• Moderate the Session, developing with elders the vision and annual goals of the church and communicating to the congregation a clear sense of direction.
• Work with appropriate committees and teams in implementing the vision and direction of the church.
• Work with the Personnel Committee and Business Administrator in developing and maintaining job descriptions, personnel policies, procedures and performance evaluations for employees of the church.
• Participate in developing the budget and lead stewardship initiatives as needed.
• Nurture and coach the pursuit of pastoral careers among the staff and congregants.
• Pursue appropriate participation within the Evangelical Presbyterian Church and ecumenical organizations in the community.
• Schedule periods of time for study, reflection and sabbath to develop and maintain personal spiritual growth.
• Appropriately care for marriage, family and personal health.
REVIEW OF PERFORMANCE AND COMPENSATION
Annually, a review of compensation and performance shall be conducted by the Personnel Committee, with any changes in the terms of the call approved by the Session and the congregation.
Masters of Divinity or equivalent
EPC ordained Minister of the Word and Sacrament (preference)
Minimum of 5 years experience in ordained ministry
Superior verbal and written skills
Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
Extensive experience in teaching scripture
Superior interpersonal skills
Grounded and unifying visionary
Spirit-led, empowered, and fruit-bearing
Preaches with empathy and conviction
Shepherds with High Grace and High Truth
Full-time, salaried, exempt.
Interested candidates can submit resumes to Lead Pastor Search Committee by email.