Nature of Work:
The Senior Pastor will be responsible for the spiritual leadership and officiating services of the Washington Shores Church of Christ congregation. The Senior Pastor will provide leadership to actively reach lost souls. He will also carry out and manage day to day operations and administration of church business affairs. He will collaborate with Washington Shores Church of Christ Elders and will provide updated reports on membership, evangelism, and church development.
Basic Job Duties:
- Cast the mission, vision, and direction of the ministry of WSCC.
- Deliver sermons on a weekly basis that are dynamic and uplifting to the body, visitors and true to God’s Word.
- Provide Spiritual Leadership and officiating of all services, weddings, and funerals.
- Teach Wednesday night Bible Study.
- Visit and encourage members that are sick, shut in and hospitals.
- Follow up on new contacts.
- Lead efforts for outreach, evangelism, and mission efforts.
- Attend various WSCC events.
- Provide counseling.
- Communicate enhancements and development of WSCC to congregation.
- Participate in budget planning and propose an annual Minister’s budget to Leadership.
- Support church staff in their leadership and service functions of the church.
- Attend monthly meetings with the Elders and Deacons.
Salary commensurate with experience and education.
CONTACT INFORMATION : Phil Ellis