The co-lead pastor is responsible for leading most weekly preaching and training of ministry and life group leaders. The co-lead pastor will work alongside another co-lead pastor. They will collaborate with co-pastor on topical development of sermon series, mentoring and building the church community.
- Heart for evangelism, and reaching the unreached.
- Co-lead teaching/preaching team, give most sermons.
- Show discernment in leading and teaching.
- Encourage and disciple members to grow spiritually. To be full of joy, hope, faith reminding them of what Christ has done.
- Work with the Pastoral team to discern sermon topics and content to feed the church.
- Prepare sermons and preach 50% or more Sundays.
Work closely with church staff, leadership, and volunteers to ensure the smooth functioning of the church and implement the vision to serve the nations
- Plans, co-leads and evaluates the leadership council and council’s monthly meetings
- Provide support to co-pastor. Guidance to ministry leaders, and volunteers in their respective areas of responsibility
- Raise up ministry and life group leaders. Encourage the gifts of the Holy Spirit to be exercised as each member plays their part so that the church can grow
- Provides reports and information to the board of trustees.
- Foster a sense of belonging and promote community integration among members of diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Regular attendance of services, special services as needed.
- Provide Pastoral counseling as needed.
- Encourage and disciple members to grow and mature spiritually through joyful obedience to Jesus and caring for one another.
- Provide support and guidance to ministry leaders, and volunteers in their respective areas of responsibility.
- Raise up ministry and life group leaders. Encourage the gifts of the Holy Spirit to be exercised as each member plays their part so that the church can grow.
- Adhere to the mission and vision of ANCF.
- Aligned with the Vineyard Church Community statement of faith.
- Possess an authentic, intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Display humility, compassion, empathy and love.
- Possess prior experience preaching the word of God in truth and in context.
- Display a servant heart, with a dedication to prayer, reaching the unreached and evangelism.
- Active listener, able to lead through conflict by seeking deeper understanding with intentional mediation.
- Mature Christian with experience in discipling others.
- Preference of five years’ experience leading a church within a preaching/teaching role.