The worship leader will work closely with our pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to discover God’s grace. We are seeking an emotionally mature individual who is a skilled guitar player and singer. This individual must foster dynamic congregational worship, singing updated versions of the best of the old and all the theologically sound popular new. This is a key priority for our church and we are seeking an individual who’s competent in the following areas:
1. Planning our weekly Sunday 10:30am worship service. Choosing congregational songs with the Pastor that engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s Word.
2. Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
3. Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
4. Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community (rehearsals can be held on Sundays an hour before service).
5. Serving as a member of the ministry team at Corner Canyon Church, modeling love and emotional intelligence, demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission. This individual is expected to: (A) be gifted vocally and gifted in leading congregational worship (B) possess leadership and organizational skills (C) be a team player (D) be a skilled guitar player. (E) be emotionally intelligent.
On average of 5 to 10 hours per week. We are starting at 300 dollars per Sunday with the possibility of higher pay depending on experience. The starting date for this position would be September 1st, 2023.
If interested, please send your resume, references, videos of leading worship or other material by email.