Briarwood Presbyterian Church seeks a Pastor to shepherd our Hispanic congregation who loves God, loves God’s people, and cares deeply for his congregation. The ideal candidate will be bilingual (Spanish & English) and have good oral communication skills so that he can effectively preach the Word of God, lead Bible studies, counsel individuals and families toward Christian
maturity. The successful candidate will be ordained or ordainable in the PCA. He needs to demonstrate the ability to share the gospel clearly. He needs to have good organizational/management skills to effectively manage a demanding schedule and lead the
church. A demonstrated heart for the nations and missions experience is desirable.
The pastor needs to be a self-starter with good interpersonal skills to communicate with people from various cultures. He needs to understand Hispanic culture very well and ideally, would be bi-cultural.
• To plan and lead the various worship services and ministries of the Briarwood Hispanic Congregation.
• Fluent in Spanish (and English).
• An excellent expositional preacher – usually a serial exposition, careful attention to text, biblical theological and Christocentric framework.
• To preach and teach the Word of God as written in the Old and New Testaments; call the congregation to personal faith in Christ, to repentance, spiritual growth, service and evangelism through biblically grounded sermons and teaching.
• A wholehearted pastor-shepherd – compassionate and energetic in caring for others.
• A leader with vision for community-focused mission.
• A team-builder who is able to work well with the Hispanic Church Leadership Team and members of the congregation.
• Godly character and life.
• Committed to Reformed theology as summarized in the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms.
• Has a spiritual burden for cross-cultural ministry and a passion to share the Gospel with Hispanics. Demonstrated ability in working cross-culturally.
• Committed to equipping church members in evangelism, discipleship and ministry. Committed to biblical doctrine, edification, and church discipline.
• Previous pastoral and/or leadership experience preferred.
If you are interested, please send your resume with a cover letter to Heather McDougall by email.