The Director of Family and Children’s Ministries will cast the vision and lead in our key effort of reaching children grades Pre-K-6th and their families. This person will be responsible for engaging with parents and children as well as equipping volunteers to execute the vision for the Children’s Ministry.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee recruitment of new volunteers for Children’s Ministry (KidzQuest, VBS, Special Events, etc.)
- Provide ongoing training for all volunteers.
- Coordinate volunteers in order to keep people refreshed and connected with church body.
- Take time every week to engage with families on Sundays, Wednesdays, and throughout the week.
- Maintain consistent communication with parents and children of the church.
- Provide vision for and oversee family ministry outreach.
- Update and retrain volunteers annually on child safety policies.
- Offer updates and suggestions to safety guidelines.
- Interview every Children’s Ministry volunteer personally (background checks are required for all staff and volunteers).
- Coordinate and Lead VBS Oversight Team.
- Function as Staff Representative on Catalyst Team.
- Coordinate and Lead Kidz Quest.
- Attend Staff Meetings
- Select and implement Bible-based and engaging curriculum for children.
- Create and maintain annual budget for children’s ministry.
- Other duties as assigned pertaining to family ministry.
- Grounded, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Passion for leading and cheering volunteers.
- Master of delegating tasks to capable volunteers.
- Deeply relational with others.
- Loves to work as a team to accomplish God-sized goals.
- Clear, consistent communication skills.
- Knowledge of computers, presentation software, and social media is a plus!