Employment Status: Exempt (Full-time) (Ministerial)
Membership: Required to be a member upon hire
Purpose: To proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, teach biblical principles and doctrine, engage in pastoral care, provide leadership in all areas of church life and function, supervise paid church staff and volunteers, and conduct the ordinances and functions of worship.
Primary Role: The Lead Pastor at Calvary Church is responsible for providing spiritual guidance, care and instruction to our church family, unbelievers, and our community. The Lad Pastor is responsible to lead the congregation in all spiritual matters, programming matters, and fiscal matters. The Lead Pastor shall arrange for and conduct all public and regular services of the church and shall be responsible for general oversight of the spiritual welfare of the church. Primary responsibilities include accurate and effective biblical teaching, shepherding, outreach, spiritual mentoring, and discipleship. The Lead Pastor is the primary leader of pastoral staff, deacons, and ministry leaders, and should oversee the work of these individuals, and all ministries of the church, to ensure the mission and vision of the church is being accomplished.
• This pastor must meet the qualifications of church leadership as described in Scripture, specifically I Tim. 3: 1-13 and Titus 1: 6-9
• Must have a strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and it should be evident in both their personal and professional life
• Must be called by God into ministry
• Spiritual maturity that is expressed in word and deed
• Must have a philosophy of ministry that is consistent with Scripture and Calvary Church West Hill’s Statement of Faith
• Agreement with our Statement of Faith and agree to employment subject to and conditioned upon a lifestyle consistent with Scripture and Calvary Church West Hill’s Statement of Faith is required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and manage all church ministry to ensure the gospel is being taught, in a theologically correct and relevant way
• Develop, oversee, and implement church mission, vision, and strategy
• Develop, equip, and disciple pastors, staff, and ministry leaders
• Ensure staff, facilities, and programs are effectively aligned to meet mission.
• Maintain effective communication between staff, ministry leaders, and the congregation
• Perform marriages, burials/funerals, baptisms, baby dedications, administer communion
• Hospital and home or shut-in visitations
• Represents the Church in civic matters
• Oversee church policy and procedure development
• Develop and teach membership classes
• Research, study, prepare, and preach weekly sermon that reaches the audience.
• Coordinate all aspects of public worship services
• Oversee all ministry planning and programming including discipleship, education, outreach and fellowship
• Oversee all ministry staff
• Ensures attendees and congregants are being discipled and the model of discipleship is organically replicated
• Develop, oversee, and implement ministry programing including special events
• Develop and spiritually mentor staff and ministry leaders
• Pastoral Care-Provide spiritual counsel/care
• Pulpit fill, other pastoral duties, and other duties as required
• Leader of leaders who is spiritually sound and mature
• Bachelor’s degree in ministry or Seminary degree preferred
• Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner to glorify Christ and further the mission and ministry purposes of the church
• Passion to reach and serve our local and global communities with excellence.
• Goal oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
• Effectively organize, prioritize and maintain multiple projects
• Attitude of responsiveness and flexibility
• Reliable, punctual, dependable and conscientious work habits
• Possess attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Energetic self-starter who is structured, organized and focused, but flexible
• Leader of leaders who raises up and develops leaders, volunteers, and teams.