This is a full-time, ordained position.
The Senior Pastor, as head of staff, is charged to seek God’s leading for our church, to cast vision for the congregation (primarily through leadership, preaching, and teaching), to give leadership to the staff, and to work with the Session and its committees to accomplish that vision in a God-honoring way.
• Must be ordained or ordainable in ECO
• Theological convictions and connections are consistent with a reformed and evangelical perspective
• Vibrant and maturing faith
• Multi-year experience demonstrating senior leadership in a multi-staff organization
• Strong organizational, administrative, communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated preaching ability
• Proven history of mentoring, nurturing, growing, and supervising staff
1. In regard to worship:
a.) The Senior Pastor is tasked with the majority of preaching and is the senior worship leader for the church.
b.) Preach dynamic, expository messages rooted in the Gospel. The messages are to have strong application to daily life and be delivered with authenticity and humility to appeal to believers and seekers alike
c.) Create a comprehensive preaching plan that ensures quality and consistency of sermons and worship services.
d.) Administer sacraments, officiate weddings and funerals.
2. In regard to teaching:
a.) The Senior Pastor is the primary person responsible for communicating and teaching God’s word.
b.) Provide a teaching ministry in collaboration with the church staff, enabling membership to grow spiritually and continue in active
3. In regard to vision:
a.) The Senior Pastor cultivates the development and direction of the church’s vision in collaboration with other pastors and the Session. Together they will set goals for the congregation to grow into.
b.) Work closely with Session and staff to nurture vision, strategy, and identity based on God’s leading, and to put core commitments into action.
4. In regard to staff:
a.) The Senior Pastor is head of staff and is to encourage, inspire, and excite the staff in their areas.
b.) Supervise and mentor the following staff direct reports:
• Executive Pastor
• Associate Pastor for Equip and Engage
• Associate Pastor for Congregational Care
• Director of Worship, Music and Arts
• Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor
c.) Provide leadership and oversight to all staff meetings and retreats, delegating the leading of these meetings as needed and appropriate.
d.) Mentor staff to enhance growth and utilize talents while fostering teamwork and loving relationships.
e.) With the Executive Pastor, provide timely and consistent communication to the staff.
5. In regard to congregational relations/pastoral care:
a.) Shepherd congregants in a compassionate, connected way, along with the other pastors, and provide oversight to the overall pastoral care of the congregation.
b.) Provide for the spiritual, emotional, and physical needs of the FPC community in partnership with other pastors, staff, elders ,and deacons.
c.) Provide spiritual counseling.
d.) Visit covenant partners and welcome visitors.
e.) Mentor elders and emerging leaders.
f.) Plan and lead the training and examination of new elders.
g.) Support lay pastoral care ministries.
h.) Provide timely and consistent communication to the congregation.
6. In regard to Missions/Community Outreach:
a.) Serve as an ambassador and Christian statesperson for the church in representing our congregation in the community and the larger Church as appropriate.
b.) Support, promote, and encourage the mission activities of FPC both in the local communities and around the world.
c.) Serve as a member of presbytery and in other judicatories of ECO.
7. In regard to Spiritual Development:
a.) Devote time to spiritual, emotional, and physical development/well-being through the practice of the spiritual disciplines, through the use of spiritual directors or other support that has proven beneficial.
b.) Actively seek further professional development by attending courses, seminars, and workshops.
c.) Set appropriate boundaries, including work and sabbatical schedules, to
avoid physical/mental fatigue and professional burnout.
• Serves as leader of the Senior Leadership Team.
• Serves as Moderator of Session.
• Serves as an ex-officio member of all church committees, and
specifically resources the Worship, Denominational Engagement, and
Strategic Planning Committees of the church.
• Evaluated by the Personnel Committee of Session.
To APPLY: Please send the following to our Pastor Nominating Committee by email.
A letter of introduction that includes your personal story of faith
❏ Your professional resume highlighting experience and strengths
❏ Links to three recorded sermons in video format