Hours: 20 hours a week
This position welcomes applications from both men and women.
This position assists the Senior Pastor to implement assigned aspects of the discipleship vision of the church. It requires a vibrant relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, a heart and giftedness for discipleship, and a wholehearted commitment to the TLC family.
Our Philosophy of Discipleship: We believe in a discipleship approach that is faithful to the Scriptures and relevant to our lives.
The best candidate for this role will be someone with pastoral gifting and a desire for growth in pastoral ministry. We also want to know ways to help you appreciate and enjoy what you do.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Direct reports: Assistant Youth Leader
- Must be committed to a growing personal relationship with Christ
- Value corporate worship and Christian community in personal discipleship
- Invest in healthy relationships with family and friends
- Commit to spiritual and ministry growth through the engagement of good spiritual disciplines: prayer, the study of God’s word, materials that are profitable for growth in the ministry, etc.
- Be the primary leader and teacher at the weekly youth gatherings (our youth are middle and high school students). Regular youth meetings happen during the school year
- Teach the 9:00 a.m. Christian Education hour for the youth (school year)
- Lead occasional youth events outside of a Sunday or regular weekly meeting
- Maintain the practice of regular helpful communication and healthy interaction with youth and their parents
- Facilitate a twice-a-month young adult fellowship
- Collaborate with the Senior Pastor regarding the discipleship vision for our young people
- Two years of experience at any level in discipleship ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A clear testimony of humble and vibrant faith in the Lord Jesus Christ
- A passion for Christian discipleship, and especially the shepherding of young people.
- Ability to take biblical principles and translate them for young people in a relevant way.
- Enjoys and encourages a fun environment in the ministry.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter by email.