Salary/Range: Negotiable based on experience
At CMC, our goal is to “prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:12-13
To this end, the Associate Pastor will work with the Senior Pastor and Elder Council in the shepherding and oversight of the congregation of the Calvary Memorial Church.
- Meets the qualifications for Elders. (1 Tim. 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4; 2 Tim. 2:15, 22-25)
- Exhibits the Fruit of the Spirit and godly conduct/character (Gal. 5:22-23; Col. 3:12-17)
- Preaching/teaching must be Biblically grounded and centered (1 Tim. 4:11-16; 2 Tim. 3:16-17, 4:1-2; Titus 1:9)
- Agrees with the beliefs and practices outlined in the CMC Statement of Faith and the Bylaws.
- Has received sufficient Biblical training.
in overseeing the student ministries:
Leading/overseeing middle and high school youth ministry.
- Teach (or facilitating teaching) on Sunday mornings and Wednesday nights.
- Oversee volunteer staff to serve, disciple and teach as needed.
- Lead retreats and special events.
- Plan and lead annual mission trip – including training and discipleship.
- Endeavor to equip and partner with parents as the primary disciplers of their children.
- Manage budget.
- Tenderly watch over the spiritual needs of the staff, families and students. (May include admonishing, exhorting, teaching, counseling, visitation, etc.)
In overseeing the congregational ministries:
- Oversee the various ministries of the Calvary Memorial Church. These may include, but not be limited to: Men’s/Women’s Ministries, Christian Education, Community Groups, Missions, etc.
- Recruit, train, and encourage volunteers in various church ministries.
- Work directly with the Senior Pastor in all church matters and initiatives.
- Assist the Senior Pastor with all pastoral responsibilities including, but not limited to, visitation, preaching, shepherding, discipline, counseling, weddings, funerals, etc.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in planning and implementing Sunday morning worship services, baptisms and dedications.
- Assume responsibility when the Senior Pastor is absent (in cooperation with the Elders).
- Preach and teach the congregation when and where assigned.
- Be a voting member of the Elder Council and provide monthly reports to the Council and an annual report to the congregation.
The Senior Pastor, in cooperation with the Council of Elders.