Position: Groups Pastor
Reports To: Group Life Pastor
Position Status: Full Time Staff
Hours: 50 hours per week
Function: To lead the Groups ministry at the assigned campus in executing the Rush Creek mission and vision through small group discipleship.
Works With: Assigned Campus Team, Groups Team, Groups Lead Partners, Coaches and Group Leaders
Core Values: Live Generously, Value People, Love God, Pursue Excellence, Choose Joy
- A follower of Jesus Christ
- Have demonstrated faith through full immersion baptism
- Have surrendered to full-time ministry
- Spiritually gifted in leadership, administration, and shepherding
- Received a degree in ministry or a related field (seminary background preferred)
- A heart for creating and leading environments of biblical community
- Coachable spirit and a commitment to working as part of a team
Leader support & Development (60%)
- Meet one-on-one with leaders 1-2 times a year.
- Recruit, equip and develop each leader in their role as group leader.
- Recruit, equip and develop each coach in their role as a small group coaches.
- Guide leaders as they identify and begin to develop future leaders.
- Work with leaders to monitor the health, effectiveness, and duration of groups.
- Be available to minister and serve each leader.
- Provide leaders with opportunities for personal development.
Leader Enlistment (20%)
- Connect with future leaders and provide next steps for development.
- Provide development opportunities for future leaders.
- Interview all new leaders in preparation for each group launch season and short-term group offering.
Group Administration (15%)
- Ensure timely follow up after each leader meeting.
- Verify that all group information is current and accurate.
- Track group progress and work towards successful multiplication of groups.
Other Responsibilities (5%)
- Participate in leading and serving at leader development events.
- Assist the Group Life Pastor in developing leader development tools.
- Oversee the budgeting process for the Groups ministry at the assigned campus.
- Provide pastoral support for the assigned Campus
- Other Duties as assigned by the Group Life Pastor and/or Campus Pastor
If interested in this position, please send your resume by email