Position Summary – The Family Pastor will lead our LegacyKids Ministry to accomplish our vision of pastoring children ages birth to 5th grade and their families to Love God, Love People, and Serve our World.
- Team Builder – Equip others to accomplish the work God has entrusted to us. We have new families coming each and every week, so we are consistently looking to expand our team. The Family Pastor will be able to recruit and train leaders who can “do the work of the ministry.”
- Vision Caster – Partner with families to disciple their children in Christ. The best way for kids to learn to love Jesus is to involve theirs parents. Your responsibility would be to set the tone in creating irresistible environments kids love to come back to, and support parents with resources and coaching to have success modeling a life that experiences Jesus every day.
- Outreach Catalyst – We conduct several strategic events each year to reach out to our community. Since families are one of our primary targets; you will play a vital role in helping mobilize teams to reach out to our community. In this role you’ll help design, plan, and implement events to introduce unchurched families to Legacy Chapel and ultimately to Jesus Christ.
- Oversee Children’s Ministry – Baby Chapel: Birth to 24 months, Junior Chapel: 24 to Pre K, Kids Chapel: K to 3rd grade
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings, leadership meetings, and retreats.
- Oversee and ensure that appropriate safety and security procedures are in place and being followed & create new policy as needed
- Recruit new volunteers to love and serve kids and families
- Equip, train, and coach all Legacy Kids volunteers, small group Leaders, worship Leaders
- Plan and execute all elements and activities of the weekly Kids Chapel ministry
- Be a part of the planning and of implementation outreach events for kids and families (Example: Eggstravaganza, Summer Movie Nights, Pumpkin Bowl, Christmas Eve)
- Organize and execute “Summer Camp” for elementary age kids (future)
- Organize and execute a Christmas Kids Choir for the Christmas Eve Outreach Services
- Coordinate weekly LegacyKids Volunteers to support, teach, and lead all worship services.
- Personify and manage a warm welcome for parents and kids during the check in experience
- Provide timely and superb follow up of all visiting families and kids
- Oversee appropriate and intentional pastoral care of all LegacyKids kids and families.