Our Associate Pastor will work with the elders to cast and implement a vision for the Ministry Teams Leaders under his direction. He will directly lead the Youth and Children’s Ministries. And he will assist our Senior Executive Pastor guiding our multi-generational congregation as well. The Associate Pastor performs 3 specific roles outlined below.
Duties & Responsibilities
The following defines the specific functions performed in the Youth role:
- Provide pastoral care to children, youth, and families.
- Serve as Youth Teams Lead.
- Plan and lead Youth and Kids groups events.
- Directly and indirectly recruit, teach, train, spiritually support, and effectively direct adult volunteers of children and youth small groups and activities.
The following defines the specific functions performed in the Administrative role:
- Support Elder leadership of the church in the execution of church’s vision and mission.
- Direct all Ministry Team Leads.
- Oversee Sunday morning volunteer groups such as welcome center, coffee, communion, security team, and special event tables.
- Oversee the updates, changes, and additions to the FCCB Policy Governance document.
The following defines the specific functions performed in the Associate role:
- Support the Senior Pastor with: overall shepherding, weekend services, visitation, funerals, and weddings.
- Effectively preach several times a year and be prepared to preach in emergency as backup speaker.
Preferred Skills, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in: Theology, Divinity, Pastoral Ministry, Christian Education, or Church Leadership.
- Seminary/Graduate Degree is helpful.
- Pastoral experience as an Associate Pastor or Youth Pastor or experience leading in an industry or occupation with some advanced education or training.
- Engaging experienced teacher/presenter who can bring practical life application from the scriptures.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and the ability to guide people to become a baptized disciple of Jesus.
- Desire and willingness to use the Bible to guide a new disciple to ongoing spiritual maturity.