The pastor of Creede Baptist Church must be a man who meets the qualifications that Paul outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and in Titus 1:7-9. In addition, the pastor must agree to operate under the Constitution and Bylaws of Creede Baptist Church.
The pastor is responsible for proclaiming the Gospel of Christ and encouraging the church body to do as well; for guiding the spiritual development of the congregation; for providing pastoral care in meeting the needs of persons in the church and community and for providing leadership as overseer of the church.
The pastor is accountable first to the Lord, but also to the church through the deacon body.
1. Prepare for worship services in coordination with the music ministry.
2. Prepare and deliver sermons to train and equip the membership for service outside the church walls, not neglecting the need to ensure that unbelievers understand their need for salvation.
3. Work with the membership to become effective witnesses for Christ, including a caring ministry for both church members and the community.
4. Visit, as needed, those who may be ill, homebound, or need spiritual assistance.
5. Work with the deacons and bible study teachers as a leadership group to coordinate, train and equip people for involvement in ministry.
6. Conduct Lord’s Supper ordinance on a quarterly basis. Baptize believers as needed.
7. Conduct counseling as needed, perform weddings as needed, conduct funeral services.
8. Cooperate with association, state, and denominational leaders in matters of mutual concern.
9. Communicate information about missions offering opportunities and other denominational items.
Additional Information – The church has a parsonage. Utilities, internet service and Insurance for the parsonage are covered by the church. Occupant is responsible for renter’s insurance on occupant’s personal property.