A Pastoral Staff position & reports to a direct report in the Executive Staff for spiritual & ministry guidance.
Office Hours : Mon-Thurs and all services on Sundays
Salary : Competitive salary with generous benefit package (Paid insurance, Cell phone reimbursement, Paid vacation time, Retirement matching)
Experience : 1 year – 3 years
The Student Ministry Pastor is a Pastoral Staff position and reports to a direct report in the Executive Staff for spiritual and ministry guidance.
The Primary Focus:
Work with the Ministerial Staff to execute and implement a comprehensive approach to Student Ministry. This comprehensive approach is based on the understanding of the primary task of Student Ministry to:
- Develop, cultivate, and communicate the overall vision and strategy of the student ministry that reflects the mission, vision, and core values of New Life Community Church.
- Disciple students into a personal relationship with God in both large group and smaller relational environments.
- Create attractive and compelling environments to which our youth can invite their non-Christian friends.
- Build and develop a team of passionate adult volunteers to help mentor and disciple the students.
- Teach students Biblical truth and practical application.
- Incorporate students into various church ministries through serving.
- Support and resource parents in the process of discipling their students.
- Equip students to share the Gospel with their friends.
- Keep open, consistent, and clear communication with parents.
- Participate in conferences and training opportunities to stay current on youth culture and ministry trends.
- Develop a clear strategy for onboarding, recruiting, and training volunteers to serve in various aspects of student ministry.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to student ministries and outreach opportunities.
- Communicate with the students and parents in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, social media, texting, etc.).
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members and maintain a strong teamwork mentality.
- Attend all weekly Staff Meetings as well as any other regular scheduled meetings.
- Maintain regular office hours Monday – Thursday and attend all weekend and student ministry services.
- Ensure that Student safety is a priority at all gatherings.
- Plan and execute trips and special events for student ministry.
- Design, oversee, and evaluate all curriculum for the student ministry program.
- Create, plan, and execute student ministry services.
- Be the primary communicator for student ministry services.
- Actively engage with students and parents during weekend service.
- Be an active participant in all weekend services.
- Assist the Children’s pastor in the execution of Transit (5th-6th grade).
- Uphold the character and conduct outlined in the New Life Community Church Staff Policy Manual.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
- Agree and adhere to the theology and values of New Life Community Church and submit to the direction of the senior pastor, elders and other leadership of the church.
- Must have a proven ability to work effectively with students, parents, and teams of volunteers. e. emotional and relationship intelligence
- Clear, observable commitment to Jesus Christ.
- A Professional Certification in Ministry or 3 plus years of experience in the area of student ministry is preferred.
- Must be coachable. Able to learn and adapt to the culture of New Life Community Church.
- Must be comfortable inviting feedback and living in a culture of critique.
- Able to work in a team environment of creativity and collaboration. No lone rangers.
- Low drama, high-momentum, high-capacity, positive, over-comer, dreamer, creative-can-do-whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good conflict management skills.
- Must be proficient with social media, and excellent computer skills.
- Other skills such as video editing, musical aptitude, graphic design (peripheral skills related to Student Ministry) appreciated but not required.
- Must submit to and pass a comprehensive background check.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter by email with the subject line “Student Ministry Pastor Application” with the following attachments:
A recent photo of you (and your family if you wish)
Links to any relevant material (video, audio, references, portfolios, etc.)