The Children’s Ministry Director will have a noticeable call on their life from God to lead in this foundational area of ministering to children from a biblical perspective. Using the word call helps us define the primary requirements for the person who will lead in this role.
C for Confirmation. Proverbs 11:14 says, “For lack of guidance a nation falls, but victory is won through many advisers.” Those closest to the individual will be able to confirm that God has called them into children’s ministry.
A for Abilities. The Apostle Peter writes, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms” (1 Peter 4:10). The person that God calls to this ministry leadership role will have the gifts and abilities given by God to lead the children’s ministry with excellence for the Lord Jesus Christ.
L for Lifestyle. The person that will lead this ministry will need to be living a life according to biblical God-honoring principles. The Apostle John put it this way in 1 John 2:6, “whoever claim to live in Him must live as Jesus did.”
L for Longing. The Apostle Paul reminded believers in Rome that passion was evidence of the Christian life and calling to ministry. In Romans 12:11, Paul said, “Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.” The person who leads this ministry must have a passion for leading and developing children in Christ.
The Children’s Ministry Director provides leadership for all ministry of children fifth grade and under.
The Children’s Ministry Director will develop, implement, and oversee a ministry plan that outlines the strategies for which ministry growth takes place, specifically for children, in alignment with the vision, mission, and core values of Bright Christian Church.
- Oversee a part-time children’s ministry assistant (10-15 hours/week).
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteers to minister to children within Bible fellowship classes, worship, mid-week programming, special events, etc.
- Actively participate in the rotation of leading children’s worship services.
- Oversee and participate in the discipleship and spiritual growth of children and the children’s ministry team.
- The selection, purchasing, and distribution of curriculum within the scope of children’s ministry.
- Develop and manage the children’s ministry budget.
- Maintain a database of members, visitors, and prospects for the children’s ministry.
- Maintain structured office hours (32 hours/week: full-time status with benefits).
The Children’s Ministry Director is also expected to be involved in the following ministry areas.
- Teaching classes on a periodic basis.
- Making evangelistic calls on prospective families and visitors.
- Involved with discipling, training, and mentoring others to rise to leadership level.
- Visiting with families in homes, hospitals, schools, etc.
- Be available for pastoral care as needs arise.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ProPresenter. Knowledge in Rock Database a plus.
- Be committed to the vision, mission, and core values of Bright Christian Church.
- Cooperate with the elders, deacons, and staff members in promoting the entire ministry of Bright Christian Church.
- Be involved in leading children-focused ministry opportunities away from Bright Christian Church.
- Develop and participate in special programs at Bright Christian Church.
- Support the work of ministries of Bright Christian Church by practicing the biblical model of stewardship of time, talents, and finances.
- Attend and participate in staff and planning meetings.
- Must live in the Bright/surrounding community.
Experience / Education:
- Experience working with children and a desire to serve them in a Christ-centered environment.
- Degree in children’s education preferred.
- Restoration Movement Doctrine is required.
Reports to: Lead Minister
CONTACT INFORMATION: Linda Andry