The Position: The Point Church is prayerfully searching for someone to assume the position of Worship Associate to assist in the area of worship leadership and technology. The Worship Associate would have duties at both campuses. He would assist in worship production/tech and Next Gen worship leadership at the main campus and lead worship in the Sunday morning gathering at the Jackson campus.
Perdido Key Campus
1. Assist the worship pastor in the area of worship tech: Lighting Design, Ableton Live, Pro Presenter, Recording, etc.
2. Lead worship team for Wednesday night youth gathering.
3. Lead worship team for a once-a-month Sunday evening all-campus youth gathering.
4. Oversee worship leadership for annual Disciple Now and Summer Student Camp.
5. Oversee worship leadership/tech for annual Summer Kids Camp.
6. Assist in worship leadership/tech for annual VBS.
7. Assist in worship leadership/tech for joint campus events: Revivals, Conferences, Celebration Events, etc.
8. Assist in worship leadership/tech for Association and Convention events.
9. Other pastoral duties as assigned by The Point Church Executive Team.
1. Lead worship in the Sunday morning gathering.
2. Lead a weekly worship team rehearsal.
3. Plan worship set and schedule volunteers (using Planning Center).
4. Prepare song lyrics for projection (using Media Shout but transitioning to Pro Presenter).
5. Recruit and develop worship team members as church grows.
6. Coordinate with Perdido Key Campus Worship Pastor on a consistent basis for special events, joint services, musical worship philosophy, tech resources, etc…
7. Support/Assist the campus pastor and other staff as needed.
1. Must be a born-again believer, passionate about Jesus.
2. Must believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
3. Must be striving to be a stable, maturing Christian.
4. Should possess spiritual gifts that lend themselves a ministerial position: administration, pastor/shepherding, exhortation, ability to teach/preach (1 Timothy 3; Titus 1-2; 1 Peter 5).
5. Special talents or abilities required: strong vocals for leading others in singing; the ability to lead with an instrument (guitar or keys); good relational skills, coaching ability, recruiting ability, and a teachable spirit.
6. A biblical philosophy for leading in worship and choosing songs and media that is theologically sound.
7. Affirm and believe in the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp
8. Agree to and adhere to The Point Church Policies and Procedures Manual, especially regarding staff requirements and expectations for employment. (Will be provided to prospective staff member prior to a formal job offer)
1. You will be supplied with a MacBook Pro for Pro Presenter, Tracks, Administration, etc.
2. Admin status and access to The Point Church Planning Center Online.
3. Planning Center Music Stand is also available if you need it.
4. Subscription/Access to PraiseCharts.com.
5. Subscription/Access to Multitracks.com.
6. Subscription/Access to Loop Community.
7. Subscription/Access to Ableton Live.
8. Subscription/Access to Logic Pro.
9. Subscription/Access to CCLI Song Select.
10. Subscription/Access to Graphics/Videos = Igniter, CMG, Shift, etc.
11. Access to all the worship resources at the main campus.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to our Executive Pastor, Dr. Joe McClellan