The Director of Youth and Adult Discipleship will help develop and deploy members of Alive, living into Alive’s Missional Practices in order to accomplish our Mission and Vision driven by our Core Values. The Director will help create and recover a deep and motivating sense of the urgency of the great commission, by building relationships and bringing LIFE into our communities (cf. Alive’s Missional statements).
The Director of Youth and Adult Discipleship will create, implement, and oversee ministry for students grades 6-12 (50%), College and Career Young adults, and Adult Discipleship (50%). As Alive grows, and as ministries grow, needs will change, Alive will adjust the necessary emphasis and percentages of time spent in each area; adding staff to accomplish a progressive multiplication strategy.
○ Contact ministry; including social media
○ Attend life-events; milestones
○ Establishing and developing healthy relationships with parents and other adults; especially with families of students.
○ In coordination with elder/deacon teams, provide care
○ Participate in worship as requested
○ Outreach by building relationships in community
● Educational Teaching
○ Design, develop, and implement a Profession of Faith ministry; including a leadership team
○ Education of students in reformed doctrines and confessions, spiritual practices; including volunteer leadership development for
○ An ability to articulate a vision for youth ministry, including underlying principles, overall goals, strategies, and priorities for
nurturing the faith of young people from the church and from the community.
○ Budget; develop and maintain
○ Identify, Recruit and develop volunteer leaders and leadership team(s) that includes students
○ Communication strategies with students and families
○ Collaboration with staff on curriculum development, transitions through ministry groups, and using their gifts
○ Collaborate with staff on student participation in worship and other ministries
Adult Discipleship Ministries
● College and Young Adult ministries:
○ Develop and Implement a discipleship pathway for spiritual growth and formation.
○ Discern and develop mentors for relational discipleship
● Teaching Ministries:
○ In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, participate in the vision, leadership, and implementation of Alive’s teaching ministries:
■ Spiritual gifts
■ Profession of Faith
■ New Member Events
■ Other Core Belief and Confessional Classes
● Identify, recruit, and equip leaders and leadership teams for adult ministries
○ Using a 3-D model (discern, develop, deploy) ensure enduring leadership for:
■ Small groups (leadership team)
■ Mission (oversite team)
■ Youth Ministries (leadership team)
● Other responsibilities as assigned, and as Alive grows
● Doctrinal / Beliefs
○ Is able to become a member of Alive Ministries; aligned with the CRCna doctrinal standards, creeds, and confessions.
○ Personal Faith (mature and growing), Biblically-based reformed doctrine.
○ Models a Christ-like character; clearly demonstrated in all aspects of life.
○ Demonstrated leadership gifts and skills
● Education / Training
○ Education and/or equivalent experience in student and adult ministries
○ Social media aptitude
● Teaching skills
○ Demonstrated skills in understanding and relevant teaching of scripture.
○ Developed communication Skills and Abilities (relational, personal, confident, competent, able to teach, professional, encouraging, relevant and informative, articulate, able to identify with target audiences, healthy confrontation, written and verbal skills, strong and comfortable with technology,)
● A strong sense of calling
○ A sense of calling from the Lord, accompanied by a love for people; understanding of their physical, social, moral, and spiritual
development; and the personal and relational skills necessary to challenge them as they grow in their relationship with Christ and
with each other.
● Communication Skills
○ An ability to articulate your personal relationship with the Lord in an effective manner.
○ An ability to articulate a vision for ministry, including underlying principles, overall goals, strategies, and priorities for nurturing the faith of students and adults from the church and from the community.
● Administrative Skills
○ A demonstrated ability to vision, plan, implement, delegate tasks, meet deadlines, and evaluate programs and events.
○ Entrepreneurially minded, self-motivated, energized, self-starter; able to imagine, create, develop, and implement a ministry that is Christocentric, spiritually impactful, relational, practical, meaningful, relatable, wide ranging yet individually focused, and measurable — helping Alive (re)start and engage ministries.
● Accountable to the Council
● Reports to the Lead Pastor
● Full time position
● Salary (range set commensurate with responsibilities, experience, and education)
● Paid time off
● 401 matching
● Medical and dental