FPC Newport has been blessed with many wonderful pastors. We pray to continue that tradition as we look to fill our current vacancy. We patiently await a pastor who will joyfully preach the word and lovingly shepherd the whole flock—who will join us in our spiritual growth and discipleship. We are looking for someone who respects our traditions while encouraging positive change.
Are you this person?
– Grounded by a deep and intimate relationship with Jesus?
– Inspiring others as you share the deep truths of faith with your thoughts, words and deeds?
– Passionate about the power of prayer and the strength of the Holy Spirit?
– Committed to adhering to the Essential Tenets of ECO and reformed faith? – Dedicated to transforming lives through the gospel?
– Eager to mentor church leaders and new believers?
– Excited to help the congregation engage with the community?
– Active in the life of and attentive to the needs of the congregation?
– Enthusiastic and eager about embracing pastoral responsibilities?
FPC Newport is seeking a full-time pastor who is ready to be a part of our loving community of believers, to provide spiritual leadership, pastoral care and administrative oversight for our staff and congregation.
Accountability: We seek a pastor who is ultimately accountable to Jesus as the head of the church and who will be:
– Ordained or willing to be ordained in ECO, guided by the Essential Tenets of ECO and accountable to the Presbytery.
– Mutually accountable to session members, as they are accountable to the pastor.
Responsibilities: We seek a pastor who will be an active, vibrant part of the church who will be aware of the needs of our body and who will:
– Prepare and preach biblically based, inspiring sermons.
– Administer the Sacraments to encourage the spiritual growth of our congregation and community members, while shepherding and mentoring the flock.
– Be present and available during times of need such as officiating ceremonies, and visiting those who are sick and shut in.
– Be directly involved in the planning for and leadership of the church programs and events, including moderating the Session and being an ex officio part of committees, assisting as necessary to ensure goals are met.
– Lead church staff, overseeing their work as they strive to be a united team.
– Work with leadership to determine a vision for the future of our church, carrying out this plan while evangelizing to all who will listen.
Attributes: We seek a pastor who is a strong believer in and a lover of our Triune God, who:
– Is upheld by strong Biblical morals and rooted in deep faith.
– Leads by example with the Fruit of the Spirit.
– Is an effective communicator who listens and cares.
If you feel led to apply to the position please submit the following by email.
– A statement of faith which includes the story of your own personal journey.
– A brief philosophy of ministry.
– A resume outlining your education and professional experiences.
– Links to sample sermons