St Simons Anglican is offering an internship to provide experiential ministry learning via a clear training track, personal supervision, discipleship, mentoring, and real-time church work hours and leadership opportunities. We are seeking applicants who have a personal relationship with God, a love for local church ministry, and a desire to gain practical ministry experience in a church planting context.
The Worship Ministry Curate/Intern will work closely with the clergy to help plan and implement worship services that lead our people to see and rejoice in the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit. To that end, we value congregational singing as the paramount expression of musical worship in the church and view the musical leaderships’ primary role as supporting the congregation (i.e. not performing).
Musically, we wish to embrace the very best of the old and the new, singing the great hymns of the church from every generation. Tunes, arrangements, and key selection should be geared towards sing-ability and congregational support rather than performance value.
Requirements and Qualifications
– Fulfill the Scriptural requirements for a Deacon listed in Scripture (1 Tim 3:8-13)
– Demonstrated commitment to personal spiritual growth
– Demonstrated ability to lead worship in a liturgical setting from the piano (this does not require a piano performance degree, rather comfort interpreting ancient and modern hymns recognizably on the piano)
– Actively participate in the full life of St Simons Anglican
– A desire to serve the church vocationally whether lay or ordained
– Enthusiastic about St Simons Anglican’s vision and approach to ministry and church planting
– Proficient with current computer and internet technology; able to keep up with changes
– Sense of humor
– Emotionally mature
– Humble and teachable
– Eager to learn
– Planning our weekly Sunday 10:00 am worship service: Choosing congregational hymns and songs that engage the congregation and support the reading and preaching of God’s Word.
– Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
– Recruiting, auditioning, teaching, and training musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
– Leading weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: (A) preparation for Sunday and (B) cultivation of Christ-centered community.
– Serving as a valued member of the ministry team at St Simons Anglican, demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its mission.
– Complete assigned reading and writing assignments
– Meet weekly with Ministry Supervisor
– Attend weekly Staff Meeting
– Serve on Sunday mornings in both congregational worship and Christian Formation
– Hours and Pay – This is a bi-vocational or partially fund-raised position
20 hours/week Compensation dependent upon competency
To apply please email The Rev. Josh Lake
Letter of introduction addressing your conversion, call to ministry, and desire to serve at St Simons Anglican
Audio/Video samples of leading congregational worship