Harmony Christian Church, a wicked awesome church in Georgetown, KY, is seeking a Full-Time Student Pastor to join the team. Our church has seen significant growth over the past 3 years (we’ve gone from 200 to 500 in Sunday attendance) and we are at a crucial point in our development where we must make some significant investments in the next generation through our student ministry.
If you are passionate about helping students develop their faith and grow in their relationship with Jesus, and if you meet the qualifications listed below, then what are you waiting for? Hit “apply” now to get started on joining us in this adventure!
We are committed to providing a positive and supportive work environment where you will thrive and grow in your ministry.
A QUICK NOTE ABOUT GEORGETOWN:
Georgetown is in the fastest-growing county in Kentucky. Our community has a HUGE focus on sports, and while not a deal breaker if you are not into sports, we are looking for someone who will know how to connect with these kids and engage them where they are and take them to a place where they fall in love with Jesus!
- Develop and lead engaging programs for middle and high school students that help them grow in their faith and develop a personal relationship with Jesus.
- Sundays Mornings: Ascend – Middle school small group discussion based on content from the sermon,
- Sunday Evenings: REACH -Middle & High School worship & relational environment,
- School Year Programming: Encounter – Middle & High School – games, teaching, small groups, etc.)
- Build relationships with students and their families, providing care and support as needed.
- Work to capture students already in our congregation (we have over 50 teenagers that attend Sunday services – a majority have not activated as part of our student ministry). Build off this team to reach kids in our community (our community has tons of teens)
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders to assist with student ministry.
- Work collaboratively with other staff members and ministry teams to ensure seamless integration of student ministry into the overall church community.
- Work with our teenage interns (a group of students we have identified and raised up as future leaders within our ministry)
- Participate in regular staff meetings, planning sessions, and other church-wide events as needed.
- Plan and execute regular yearly trips, Camp, Missions Trips, Leadership Retreats, ect.