The Pastor of Care is a full time, ordained pastoral position, whose primary focus will revolve around caring for the flock through the training and equipping of others to minister and care for those in need, while also fulfilling general pastoral duties in support of the congregation. Specifics of the position are found in the full position description below.
To serve as a Pastor within the Willow Creek Church congregation, working to provide pastoral care and shepherding to members and regular attenders of the church.
• Utilizing a team approach, provide regular contact and visits with the homebound, sick, ill and hurting
• Provide pastoral counseling (triage) to members
• Care for Salt (Seniors Approaching Life Together) group
• Serve as part of the Care team, providing leadership, vision and guidance in their work
• Oversee the Grief share ministry along with developing other care ministries as needed
• Coordinate with and shepherd the deacons of the church in their ministry to the congregation
• Assist Sr. Pastor with preaching, leading worship, and other pastoral duties as part of the staff team
All of the items above will be in line with the vision and mission of Willow Creek Church.
• Attendance and participation in all staff meetings
• Regular coordination and communication with the Sr. Pastor
• Regular coordination and communication with other ministry staff
• Consistent attendance and participation during Sunday morning worship
• Prepare annual goals and objectives in coordination with Sr. Pastor
• Direct Reporting to the Sr. Pastor
• Annual Performance Review with Senior Pastor and Session
• Have a personal, active, and growing relationship with God through Jesus Christ
• Be energetic, warm, and able to care for people in every season and stage of life
• Highly relational, someone who seeks to build and foster relationships with church members, attenders, and guests from our larger community
• Actively works on a healthy work and family balance
• Functions in a professional work setting, understands the importance of meetings and deadlines
• Seminary degree and is ordained or ordainable in the PCA
• Previous ministry experience is preferred
• Reliant on prayer, not afraid to try and fail, doesn’t take themselves too seriously
• This is a full time, salaried position with benefits.
• Will be provided a computer, work space and tools necessary to care well for the congregation
If you feel this position may be a good fit for you and you wish to apply, please send a resume and any information you believe will help the search team by email to get to know you. All submissions will be kept confidential.