The Director of Music and Student Ministry serves to enrich and deepen the spiritual life of the church by supporting the Senior Pastor in the planning, administration, and execution of corporate worship as well as the planning, administration, and execution of all youth activities.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• General vision. Under the direction of the Senior Pastor, this position exists to enable our people to meet with God corporately and personally as we glorify him and enjoy him for who he is and what he has done for us as well as enable our families to grow
spiritually in the Lord in partnership with the church.
• Evaluate and implement Student curriculum.
o Plan and implement a gospel centered curriculum for CE on Sunday mornings and for Youth Group on Wednesday nights.
• Plan and implement Student events.
o Oversee the planning and implementation of 1-2 events a semester.
o Plan and lead annual trips to RYM in July and CPYC in December.
• Serve as Music Leader.
o Leading weekly rehearsals at 8:30am
o Leading weekly worship services at 9:30am
o Leading other services as assigned (Christmas Eve, Holy Week)
• Serve as AV Leader.
o Oversee the sound system including recording sermons
o Coordinate lyric approval with the Office Administrator for powerpoint
• Other Music Roles.
o Assist with planning music for worship services
o Assist in identifying, recruiting, and shepherding music volunteers
o Assist with children’s and youth ministry music on Wednesdays as well as incorporate children in worship
• Duties of Ministry Life. Be available for staff meetings, meetings with the Senior Pastor, serve on the Worship Committee alongside the Pastor and an RE, convene the student ministry team 2-3 times a year and serve on the Christian Education Committee, and maintain a budget. Be ordainable, or make satisfactory progress toward the M.Div degree, and assist in Sunday liturgy and preach on occasion. Be able and willing to teach young/mid adults Gospel-Centered Life and Reformed Theology classes as needed.
• Perform other duties at the direction of the Senior Pastor.
• Sinner saved by grace; vibrant, growing, spirit-empowered relationship with God through Jesus Christ.
• Passionate about the vision and grace-driven philosophy of CCC.
• Solid understanding of and passion for Reformed theology and worship.
• Skilled in giving direction to and leading other musicians.
• Skilled in audio and technical production for worship.
• Ability and desire to work under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, and grace-filled leadership skills.
• Agreement with and excitement about the basic principles of Reformed theology.
• Interest in church membership at CCC.
• Embody and multiply our church culture and vision: a) Renewing Grace- we are all grateful recipients, through Jesus, of mercy and forgiveness; b) Redemptive Community- we extend mercy and forgiveness to each other; c) Restorative Mission – God is restoring all things, and uses us as we seek to be outward facing and hospitable to all people.