FBC Russell is prayerfully seeking a full-time Worship Pastor who will join us in glorifying God, proclaiming the Gospel, discipling and shepherding believers at FBC Russell to live out the mission of our church, and making Jesus Christ known to our community and peoples across the world. FBC Russell is a multigenerational congregation with wide-ranging ministry to all ages, from preschool through senior adults. The worship ministry of the church seeks to reflect this diversity by involving people in exalting and celebrating our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ by engaging in a worship format that blends various types and styles of music. FBC Russell is a body of believers experiencing God’s grace by:
· Going into our world
· Responding to the needs of people with the love and teachings of Jesus Christ
· Accepting people where they are
· Challenging all toward personal spiritual growth
· Exalting and celebrating our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ Our mission statement is a holistic plan representing all five purposes of the church – evangelism, ministry, fellowship, discipleship, and worship.
The Worship Pastor will fulfill the mission of FBC Russell primarily by providing leadership in planning, coordinating, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive worship ministry by maintaining a structure and strategy that supports the mission of FBC Russell focusing on Jesus Christ with a heart for people to the glory of God. The Worship Pastor will be a team-builder with good communication and interpersonal skills, able to develop a long-term plan for growing the worship ministry and inspire those around him to join in the pursuit of that vision. This position is pastoral, requiring service not solely as a musical/performing arts director and ministry coordinator, but also as a spiritually mature shepherd to the people in the church.
1. Cooperate with and give the fullest support to the Senior Pastor and other staff members in promoting the entire ministry plan of FBC Russell.
2. Give full support to the general operating budget of FBC Russell and avoid soliciting or expending funds not previously authorized.
3. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
1. Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with Jesus Christ through daily Bible study, prayer, and meditation on things of the Lord.
2. Maintain proper priorities in your home. If married, men should be the spiritual leader to their wife and children.
3. Always conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the calling of Christ Jesus our Lord.
1. Christian Discipleship (Character):
a. A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
b. A demonstration of strong Christian character.
c. Commitment to moral purity.
d. Meets qualifications for the office of pastor as outlined in Scripture.
e. Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of FBC Russell.
f. A heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
2. Call to Ministry (Calling):
a. A call to vocational ministry.
b. A sense of calling to FBC Russell.
3. Interpersonal Skills (Chemistry):
a. Demonstrates the ability to collaborate well with staff members and volunteer leadership.
b. Demonstrates effective communication skills.
c. Demonstrates a spirit of cooperation, respect, and flexibility while serving as a team player.
d. Have a teachable spirit to grow as a person and as a leader.
4. Ministry Skills & Experience (Competency):
a. Satisfactory ministry experience
b. Capable of leading and coordinating a comprehensive worship team including but not limited to instrumentalists, vocalists, and A/V tech teams.
c. Demonstrates strong administrative leadership and organizational skills.
d. Demonstrates understanding of Biblical doctrines.
e. Agrees with the church’s mission statement.
f. Skilled use of technology in worship and of sound, computers, presentation software and video projection.
g. Creative ability to incorporate other art forms.
Primary Ministry Responsibilities:
1. Lead and Develop the Worship Culture at FBC Russell including planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Worship Ministry for the entire church.
2. Coordinate the Worship Ministry with the calendar and emphases of the church in mind, giving utmost cooperation on all church-wide events.
3. Assist the Senior Pastor in planning regular worship services including selection of theologically appropriate music and other elements of worship. Ensure that all musical and technical aspects of the service are well-planned, rehearsed, and suited to advance the theme for the day.
4. Create a Discipleship Culture within the context of the Worship Ministry by identifying and developing men and women who are gifted to lead worship, discipling them both in character and competency to prepare them to serve in the ministry of the church.
5. Assist the Youth Ministry and Children’s Ministry in providing music for their age-appropriate worship services/programs. Delegation in these areas is essential.
6. Provide ongoing training and development of worship teams, choirs, instrumentalists, and A/V tech teams.
7. Be available to advise and assist with funerals held at the church when necessary.
8. Be available for counsel and to arrange and provide music for special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities.
9. Be responsible for planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of all Worship Ministry events.
10. Works in conjunction with the audio team and instrumentalists to manage musical instruments and their ongoing maintenance.
11. Manage and maintain stage presentation.
1. Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff in assisting the Senior Pastor with weekend worship services (i.e., service planning, evaluation, etc.)
2. Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff with availability during office hours for those who need pastoral counseling.
3. Function as a member of the church’s pastoral staff in caring for the church body through visitation.
*Please email inquiries and resumes or mail them directly to the church office: FBC Russell Attn: Pastor Ken Gowin 901 Ashland Drive P.O. Box U Russell, KY 41169