- Job Requirements: Minimum of Bachelors Degree in Ministry or Theology or Youth
Please Provide Ministry Experience in your references
- Job Description:This position requires a confessed believer in Jesus Christ that can support and exemplify the mission statement of Messiah Baptist Church.
Purpose: Develop a youth ministry that will effectively reach out to unchurched youth, disciple believers into vibrant, courageous faith and equip a leadership team of lay people and youth.
- Abilities and Qualifications
1. Demonstrates an authentic love for young people, is perceived to be relevant by them, and has a keen insight into their motivation and needs.
2. Affirms Messiah Baptist Church’s doctrinal statement.
3. Has a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
4. Has demonstrated a commitment to teamwork.
Personal – Be a mature and growing disciple of Jesus Christ
1. Grow in spiritual life through Bible study, prayer and faithful obedience.
2. Be a regular participant in Messiah Baptist Church.
3. Pursue personal and professional development.
- Ministry – Develop a vibrant ministry to youth (Jr. High, Sr. High and College & Careers) consistent with Scripture, Messiah Baptist Church’s Statement of Belief, Mission Statement and the church leadership.
1. Provide overall direction and coordination for the planning and execution of all youth ministry.
2. Develop short and long term plans for ministry growth and evangelistic effectiveness.
3. Recruit, train and organize volunteers who will serve as staff with the youth ministry.
4. Personally lead the senior high component of the ministry.
5. Draw youth into the full life of the church.
6. Provide substantial opportunity for parental involvement, and provide proactive as well as emergency care and counsel for youth and their families.
7. Keep informed and stimulated by collegial contact with other youth ministries.
- Staff and Administration – Maintain excellent working relationships with all colleagues and conform to all supervisory and organizational requirements.
1. Abide by Messiah Baptist Church policies and the church constitution.
2. Serve on the pastoral team of the church helping provide vision and direction.
3. Contribute to an open and supportive relationship with other staff.
4. Propose and administer an annual program budget for the youth ministry.
- 4. Quarterly Letter – to be sent out to parents to inform them of activities, church events, goals, lessons, needs and prayer requests.
- 5. School Presence – to have a goal of getting into at least one school per month. To meet with the Principal and give them a pamphlet about our youth ministries goal, purpose, objective and benefits.
- 6. Printed Materials – to have letterhead and envelopes printed with class name and verse. Maintain a youth ministry brochure about the class and website.
- 7. Visitation – Meet with the youth ministry families in their homes in order to meet with the parents to discuss youth ministry.
- 8. Attendance – To have a goal of ten new teenagers for the following year. The influx of kids from AWANA is good, but won’t give real growth for the future.
- 9. Activities – These should not only be fun, but also have a devotion each time.
- 10. Campaigns – For attendance, camps and retreats.
- 11. Wednesday Night Schedule – Start at 7pm
- 12. Sunday Morning Schedule – Start at 9:30am
- 13. Goals – Set short term and long term goals of where you want to see the Youth Group (short term = 1 year and long term =5 year)
- 14. Attend High School camp in June/July
- 15. Take teens to a winter retreat
- 16. Assist senior staff in day to day running of church (i.e., hospital visits, funerals, weddings, shut-ins)
- 17. Be able to cultivate a spiritual walk of the teens at the church.
- 18. To run a Friday evening or Saturday activity/bible study at the church.
a. To either have an activity set
b. Or just meet together for fellowship
- 19. To set and run a budget for class
a. Funds come from the generous giving by members of the church called – Club 52
- 20. To have a dinner once a year to thank and update members that give to Club 52.
a. Sunday evening would be a good time
- 21. To look into Youth Pastor’s conferences to attend in order to gain new insight
- Contact Person: David Aycock
Sign in to Apply
Application closes: November 30, 2023