To assist the Session in gathering and growing a community of young disciples who live for the glory of Christ and the good of the city.
1. Leadership and Shepherding:
a. Provide leadership and oversight to the Student Ministry Team.
b. Anchor the Student Ministry within the vision and mission of ChristChurch Presbyterian.
c. Identify and/or develop curriculum for use in Sunday School and Youth Group contexts.
d. Regularly provide Biblical teaching in student ministry contexts.
e. Recruit and mentor Student Ministry Team volunteers.
f. Partner with Pastor to Children in teaching the annual Communicants Class.
g. Proactively engage with students and parents outside of normal student ministry event times, in partnership with student ministry volunteers.
a. Manage student ministry communications (bulletin announcements, social media, email, etc.).
b. Coordinate with ministry volunteers to plan weekly youth group and occasional special events.
c. Schedule Sunday School and youth group teachers.
d. Meet regularly with the executive pastor for prayer, accountability, and encouragement.
e. Fully implement and enforce ChristChurch’s child protection policies.
f. Provide ministry reports to the Session as requested.
a. Occasionally assist in leading Sunday morning liturgy.
b. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. A love for the Lord Jesus Christ, the gospel of grace, the local church, the city of Atlanta, and making disciples of young people.
2. A commitment to the Reformed faith as expressed in the Westminster Standards.
3. A strong sense of calling to minister to students and families long-term.
4. A humble, teachable spirit who respects the leadership structure of the Church, submitting to the Session and staff supervisors.
5. Bachelor’s degree or higher is preferred.
6. At least 3 years of student ministry experience (paid or volunteer).
7. Ability to undergo a criminal background check.
8. Become a communing member of ChristChurch Presbyterian, attend Sunday worship services, and become a member of a Home Group.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with education and experience. Benefits package includes health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Paid vacation days, sick days, and a retirement contribution are provided
If you wish to be considered as a candidate for this position, please email your cover letter, resume, and three references.