Purpose and Goal:
1. To adorn the gospel and the worship of the church with beauty, solemnity, wonder, and joy in and through music and singing.
2. To give expression through song to reformed and presbyterian faith in a manner that builds up believers; animating and inspiring greater faith in our midst.
This is a part-time 20 hrs/week position with 8-10 fixed hours and 8-10 flexible hours. (Be advised that some seasons of the year will be more demanding than others.)
Salary in the range of $18,000 to $24,000 depending on qualifications and/or experience; plus four weeks (i.e. Sundays) of paid vacation per year. (Health care and relocation expenses will not be provided.)
1. Worship Service Planning
○ Coordinates with the pastor in planning the worship service.
○ Is responsible for the selection and placement of all music in the worship service.
○ Plans for appropriate instrumentation, inclusion of musicians vocalists and the choir, the inclusion of “special music”, and corresponding rehearsals with involved parties.
○ (Along with the pastor) provides ongoing training for worship leaders / liturgists
2. Special Worship Services
Is responsible for planning the music-related aspects of:
○high liturgy services (Advent, Epiphany, Transfiguration, Pentecost, etc.)
○non-Sunday worship services (Christmas Eve and Good Friday)
○either a Christmas Concert or Lessons and Carols service each December in an alternating fashion.
The Director may also be asked to assist with music-related aspects of an occasional funeral service, which will be understood to be negotiable.
3. Administrative Responsibilities
○ Scheduling musicians and vocalists for the appropriate roles in the worship service
○ Communicating the song selections and lyrics to the Office Manager in a timely manner
○ Ensuring accuracy of bulletins and multimedia presentations
○ Maintaining a database / library of worship music
○ Ensuring compliance with CCLI regulations and copyright laws (coordinate reporting with Office Manager)
○ Reviewing, selecting and ordering music as needed
○ Executing / overseeing the worship ministries portion of the budget
○ Coordinating with the Audio Visual Streaming (AVS) Team leader to support the operation of technical equipment
4. Music and Worship Education
○ Providing leadership in the continuing education of the congregation on matters related to public worship
○ Pursuing opportunities for vocational training and enrichment in areas related to music and worship responsibilities
○ Identifying opportunities for those involved with music and worship to grow and develop in their roles (e.g. seminars, books, articles, etc.)
Provides vision and leadership for ways to employ music and the arts as vehicles for outreach into our community and in support of our sponsored missionaries.
The Director will serve under the oversight of the Senior Pastor at the will of the Session. It is expected that the Director will meet weekly with the Senior Pastor, and will also attend staff meetings as/when possible.
Applicants must …
(A) Have a genuine love for and commitment to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
(B) Be a capable musician (Preferred: bachelor in music, or another degree with a music minor).
(C) Be comfortable serving in the PCA and able to offer a “good faith subscription” to our theological standards (The Westminster Confession and Catechisms).
(D) Appreciate that this congregation has a love for a wide variety of musical expression in our worship.
Note also that…
– Training or expertise in instrumental music, chorale directing, composing, song writing, are helpful.
– Proficiency with either the guitar or piano is a plus.
How To Apply:
Please apply by sending resume and cover letter by email with subject line, “Worship Director Position”