The Student Ministry Director is a full-time position that provides vision, direction, and leadership to Wildwood Church Student Ministries. He provides leadership and discipleship to students from middle school to college as they evangelize the lost and as they exercise their gifts and talents to serve our church, community, and the world. He leads a group of adult volunteers and student ministry interns in providing safe, engaging, and gospel-centered experiences for students.
Successful candidates will possess and practice the following:
• A person of prayer in personal practice and emphasis; a student of God’s Word who faithfully reads, meditates upon, memorizes, studies, and applies God’s Word.
• A zeal for the triune God, His glory, and His people.
• Compassion toward the lost world.
• Exhibits emotional health and spiritual maturity in relationships and demonstrates biblical integrity.
• A winsome, team-oriented, and humble leader who displays a teachable spirit, approachability, and is committed to Wildwood’s stated vision, mission, and values.
• Exercises excellent judgment and demonstrates a strong ability to execute assigned tasks.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
• A high degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including church leadership, staff members, parents, parishioners, and community leaders.
• Makes appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
• Able to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
• Maintains a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Affirms the Westminster Confession of Faith (state exceptions) and the main tenants of reformed theology—an unyielding commitment to the local church as God’s plan for the world.
• Highly relational and devoted to outreach and discipleship—able to draw churched and unchurched people into meaningful relationships with himself and others.
• Creative and able to take existing or new ministry methods and make them more effective.
• Submits to authority out of submission to Christ; demonstrates loyalty and respect to constituted authority; receives direction well.
Essential Job Functions
• Promote a missional Kingdom mindset where students are eager to reach out, receive non-believers, and engage them with the Gospel.
• Develop pathways that incorporate students into the missional efforts of the church.
• Produce an annual written report outlining the team’s ministry plan progress.
• Recruit, equip, train, and lead Wildwood members to serve as Student Ministry volunteers.
• Provide vision for student ministries aligned with Wildwood’s mission and vision. Clearly and regularly communicate vision and ministry priorities to Student Ministry staff and leadership.
• As an active part of the teaching team, serve as the lead teacher to the Student Ministry, and preach as needed in Sunday morning corporate worship services.
• Provide biblical guidance and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis.
• Develop vital relationships with area student and college ministries.
• Keep abreast of cultural shifts and equip parents to navigate the changes. Prepare parents to effectively disciple their middle and high school-age children.
• Inspire parental confidence by providing safe and well-organized student trips, retreats, and related ministry experiences.
• Coordinate with the Children’s Ministry Director to develop and evaluate a comprehensive outreach and discipleship plan.
• Actively pursue a healthy work-life balance and encourage subordinates to do the same.
• Develop and actively manage the Student Ministries budget in coordination with the Finance Team.
• Clearly communicate Student Ministry-related information with students, parents, staff, congregation, and other stakeholders.
• Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor or Executive Director.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Seminary degree from an acceptable reformed institution; ordained or ordainable (Assistant Pastor of Student Ministries).
• Bachelor’s degree preferred for Student Ministries Director.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience working within a student ministry context is preferred.
Benefits Package and Courtesies:
• Health & Dental Insurance (qualifying employees)
• Long-term disability/Accidental Dismemberment/Term-life
• Holidays and Paid Time Off
Interested and qualified candidates should email a resume to David Pinson, Executive Director Wildwood Church .
Salary: Commensurate with experience