Are you a spiritual entrepreneur and pastor? Can you knit together and build a community of spiritual skeptics, explorers and committed Christians? Do you recognize your own brokenness and are you able to pastor others who are also broken? Can you nurture and coalesce a band of believers and non-believers, wherever they are on their journey? Do you want to plant a church within a collaborative network of coaching, encouragement, community, and generous startup funding? If this quickens your heart, then we want to talk with you.
- Church planter and eventual Lead Pastor of the Cabarrus County congregation
- Grow a natural love and gospel vision for the population God has placed in Cabarrus County
- Recruit, empower, and mobilize a missional launch team in the area (including some current LFC members)
- Identify, recruit, and develop key ministry leaders and teams, both staff and volunteer
- After launch of public worship, plan, lead, and preach the weekly worship services
- Raise up elders specific to the Cabarrus County congregation.
- Pastor the congregation to reach the unchurched and grow disciples (who make disciples), who reflect the mission and core passions of the Lake Forest Family of Churches
- Manage the staff and church budget with oversight from the Church Multiplication Team of LFC and Elders
- Work with other LFC Lead Pastors to cast and execute the Lake Forest Family of churches’ vision
- A clear and compelling style of preaching.
- A heart for, and track record of, both/and ministry – discipleship and evangelism that has grown under leadership.
- Demonstrated fruitful preaching of God’s Word to God’s people and their spiritually exploring friends.
- An experienced track record of self-motivated startup and growth of ministry for the Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree and M.Div. (or M.Div. equivalency)
- EPC ordination, or a willingness to pursue it
Reports directly to the Church Multiplication Team of LFC and works closely with the team of Lead Pastors. Note: The Lake Forest Family of Churches multisite model may briefly be summarized as: multiple churches planting new churches together, who each have their own Lead Pastor. All our churches are governed by one elder team (representative of each church), pursuing shared mission/vision/values, and preaching from the same Word of God on Sundays.
How To Apply
If you feel called to inquire, please send your letter of inquiry with resume and any relevant preaching etc., links by email or mail