• Type; Classification Full-Time; Exempt
• Position Student Ministry Coordinator
• Workdays Sunday – Friday (TBD)
• Supervisor Pastor
Summary of Position:
As part of the Student Ministry team at First Pres Kingwood, the Student Ministry Coordinator will be responsible for developing student ministry programming that is consistent with First Pres’ mission, values, and purpose. This includes performing a variety of ministerial and administrative tasks related to day-to-day ministry, Sunday planning and completion, relationship development, events/trips, church wide events, and ensuring the Student Ministry budget is effectively managed. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working with students and a strong commitment to discipleship.
Profess Jesus Christ as Lord. Willingness to share personal journey of baptism, living as a Christ follower, and how Jesus has shaped life, education, or employment. Desire to share how others can come to know Jesus. Welcoming attitude to all who come with questions about faith.
Essential Functions and Primary Tasks:
● Ensure Wednesday and Sunday gathering settings are planned, prepared, and delivered with excellence
● Teach, lead, and facilitate in a relational student ministry environment
● Be a continual learner and self-motivated to study, learn, and grow
● Focus on relationships as a team player
● Have a curious spirit
● Be passionate for equipping the spiritual formation of students
● Adhere to volunteer screening policies in accordance with church safety policies
● Develop student and parent relationships; maintain effective communication, and provide encouragement to students and parents
● Promote missional outreach spirit with students (local/non-local)
● Collaborate with Student Ministry parent leadership to provide timely and effective communication
● Maintain accurate records and manage ministry budget
● Attend and participate in events and activities at First Pres; including Sunday services, staff meetings, prayer meetings, Student Ministry events, continuing education events, training opportunities, etc.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Leadership experience in youth ministry
● Experience managing budgets and safety initiatives
● Experience leading volunteer team of more than 20 people, preferred
● Strong organizational and administrative skills
● Availability to work evenings, weekends, and travel as needed
Administration – Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize, and implement ministry programming. Strong ability to support multiple projects simultaneously, with dependability and excellence.
Communication – Possess the ability to inspire, instruct, and encourage through effective communication in various settings. Able to communicate and work within an organizational structure with multiple layers.
Detail Oriented & Organizational Skills – Proven skills in creating, implementing, maintaining, and following through on processes that ensure people are informed, engaged, cared for, and connected. Ability to coordinate multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Be able to effectively manage a ministry budget. Able to successfully develop creative ways to implement ministry work in a suburban context.
Leadership Development – Skilled at developing effective ministry leaders who can communicate and uphold the values of First Pres. Ability to lead, recruit, resource, and mobilize adult volunteer teams. Candidate should be able to engage, interact with, teach, equip, and train 6th-12th grade students. Able to teach and to generate content and curriculum.
Collaborative Leadership Skills – Be a team player. Possess strong complementary ministry and leadership skills with an ability to lead in concert with other leaders. Ability to listen well and develop multiple perspectives into a cohesive plan for execution.
Interested parties can email their resume.