Provide leadership and a role model to the youth (grades 6-12) of Voyage Church in our mission to “Live the Love.” This will encompass teaching, mentoring, counseling, encouraging, discipling and administrating the overall ministry of Anchor Youth.
Our goal is to provide a warm, fun loving atmosphere where the youth live the love by taking their next steps with God through an intentional focus on studying God’s Word, praying, and growing in their personal faith walk with Christ.
• Plan the topic, games and flow of the Anchor Youth meetings.
The curriculum and additional materials will be provided.
• Manage, coordinate, and train Anchor Youth volunteers.
• Communicate the calendar of events to parents and families.
• Host Anchor Youth Meetings a minimum of twice per month during the school year Typical meetings – 1.5 hours, 4:00-5:30pm on the first and third Sundays.
• Provide loving care and counsel to students as needed. Refer to others as necessary
• Staff Time – Attend weekly staff meetings and other activities, retreats, seminars, etc. that are designed and required by your direct supervisor. (negotiable)
Additional training and resourcing will be mutually determined.
Reports directly to the Lead Pastor
Annual performance reviews with the Voyage Human Resources Team
• Agree with and sign the Voyager Covenant.
• Depend daily on God through prayer and models a lifestyle of prayer.
• Assume a posture of humility – learning, serving, loving.
• Model Voyage’s mission, vision, and values.
Anchor Youth, 3-8 hours per week, includes preparation
$16.30 per hour. Is negotiable
During the term of this Agreement the employee shall have the opportunity to participate in the following fringe benefits:
Paid Vacation 2 weeks per year
Study Leave Up to 5 days annually
Holiday pay is based on what is stated in the Voyage Employee Handbook.
Vacation Days and Study Leave Days also do not accumulate nor do they carry over from year to year.