Peoples Church in Jacksonville, TX is seeking to fill the position of Senior Pastor. Peoples Church is a nondenominational church family that values sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ, heartfelt worship, sound biblical preaching/ teaching, and building personal discipleship.
A rather young church, founded in 2003, Peoples Church has always been dedicated to serving each other and our community. We have several major outreaches each year and support our church ministries, including Worship Team, Children’s Ministry, Youth, Women’s, and Men’s Ministry. A Connection Crew greets visitors in the Lobby each Sunday, offering assistance and information, and collecting welcome cards with visitor information. Staff is responsible for follow-up with visitors during the following week. Prayer Partners are organized to pray for special needs within the congregation and to assist the minister during service to help pray for those who come forward for any need, including salvation. Peoples Church is a friendly church, always warmly greeting and welcoming visitors and seeking to connect with new people who wish to join our congregation.
SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP AND CHARACTER
- To be holy in lifestyle by leading a life of prayer and spending time devotionally in God’s Word
- To set an example of the Christian life within the church and community
- By giving priority to Bible study and preparation for speaking the Word of God
- By having a preaching/teaching plan to present the whole Word of God
- To be led by the Holy Spirit in ministering
OBSERVANCE OF THE LORD’S SUPPER AND CEREMONIES
- By celebrating the Lord’s Supper
- By providing opportunities for Christian baptism
- By performing weddings and funerals
TO EQUIP BELIEVERS FOR WORKS OF SERVICE
- By helping them find their spiritual gifts
- By training them to become proficient in the use of God’s Word
- By training them in the various aspects of ministry
- By allowing them and providing opportunities for them to be involved in personal ministry within the local church
- By tailoring ministry, goals, and planning to the needs of the entire congregation and by providing a balance of ministry across generations, social groupings, and demographics
- By doing consistent personal evangelism in the local church and the community
- By providing for training the believers in personal evangelism in both classroom and real-life settings
LOCAL CHURCH ADMINISTRATION
- By overseeing worship services
- By overseeing the Peoples Church staff and ministry leaders (including volunteers)
- By giving direction for the ministry of the local church
- By doing specific planning and goal setting for all church ministries and outreach
- By reporting to the local board and submitting annual reports to the Board of Directors
- By keeping accurate records as required by the Board of Directors
- By making hospital visits and home visits where necessary to pray with the sick and those in distress
- To provide Biblical pastoral counseling within the church body (and to others at the pastor’s discretion)
- To make every effort to make personal contact periodically with all church members and visitors.
Interested candidates may submit resumes by email.