The Student Ministry of McLean Presbyterian Church is dedicated to partnering with families to see the gospel of Jesus Christ transform the lives of 7th -12th grade students for the Glory of God to form young disciples with a lasting faith.
It is the responsibility of the Jr. High Assistant Director to lead in discipling our middle school boys through contact ministry and up-front teaching, equipping volunteer leaders, and assisting with in executing the administrative operations of our ministry.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Active Discipleship (contact ministry)
This is the core of our ministry and an essential aspect of the position. As Assistant Director, you will lead students and leaders to cultivate meaningful personal relationships through one-on-one and group meetings, including regular lunch/dinner appointments, home visits, extra-curricular activity attendance, leading Bible studies and retreats, and other events and initiatives as necessary. The assistant director will lead by example in discipling our leaders and students.
2. Cultivating and Equipping Leaders
Central to the sustainable success of our ministry is the desire and ability to actively recruit, train, encourage, disciple, and provide other ongoing support to a team of volunteers, parents, and Capital Fellows to engage with the ministry.
3. Program Administration
Leads Jr. High program administration. Leads Sunday Breakthrough Large Group event planning; assists in annual mission trip coordination; regularly communicates with parents and volunteers; assists leaders as necessary with planning and logistics for weekly discipleship group meetings; coordinates Sunday school; provides ministry information to new families; other duties as assigned.
Develops and teaches Biblically-based lessons designed to engage and equip junior high students. Teaches the gospel in an accessible way to strengthen the faith of our covenant teens as well as reach unbelievers.
1. A genuine relationship with Jesus Christ and a vibrant, growing spiritual life
2. Passionate embrace of McLean Presbyterian’s philosophy of ministry, theology, worship & familiarity with Reformed Theology
3. Strong desire and experience ministering to middle school students.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills coupled with a desire to disciple male volunteer leaders and high school students; an ability to interact with students with grace and truth
5. Strong leadership skills to guide students and volunteers
6. Mature disposition and approach for communicating and meeting with parents, students, and adult volunteers.
7. Ministry experience and background; experience leading students in a church/ministry context is preferred
8. Strong administrative/organizational skills